Author Topic: Question for the AKA Expert server  (Read 524 times)

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Question for the AKA Expert server
« on: May 02, 2018, 05:23:42 am »
Is there a way to get more AI flights to appear? Also, what settings are the AI in the server?

Thanks.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Question for the AKA Expert server
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 10:22:47 am »
Good questions, 10.
I believe Scorp is still working on the server to finish getting it up and running. I'm sure he'll get to those issues as he progresses with what he is doing.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 10:31:57 am »
No biggie, I'm just being a stat whore  ;D and needing more AC to shoot down.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:51:47 pm »
Here is the config file, I can see where the maximum number of AC are and can increace that but don't see a skill level setting.

Campaign:
    # Can be auto or the name of a plane set
    PlaneSet: auto
    # Name of file describing the scenario
    StrategyFile: StalingradSummer.Mission
    # Whether to use the textual mission file (slow but better compatibility with new versions of the game)
    # Otherwise the binary file is used (fast, but new versions of the game often change that format)
    UseTextMissionFile: true
    # Seed for the random generator; affects weather
    Seed: 42
    # Max deviation of the weather with respect of standard weather for start date
    WeatherDayMaxOffset: 7
    # Max number of fires (on destroyed storage/factories)
    MaxFires: 4
    # Max number of convoys in mission (per side)
    MaxConvoys: 8
    # Max number of attacker planes (per side)
    MaxAttackers: 3
    # Max number of patrolling fighters (per side)
    MaxPatrols: 8
    # Max number of captured planes available for spawning (per airfield)
    MaxCapturedPlanes: 0
    # Base name of generated mission file
    MissionName: DynCampaign
    # Length of mission, in minutes
    MissionLength: 180
    # Interval between group of vehicles in a column (for columns larger than 15 tanks)
    ColumnSplitInterval: 60
    # Max number of convoys active simultaneously (per side)
    MaxSimultaneousConvoys: 2
    # Max number of ferry flights active simultaneously (per side)
    MaxSimultaneousFerryFlights: 2
    # Max number of vehicles in a battle (per side)
    MaxVehiclesInBattle: 15
    # Number of in-game tank kills per battle resolution kills
    BattleKillRatio: 5
    # Ratio of max in-game tank kills (by players) in battles
    MaxBattleKillsRatioByPlayers: 1.0
    # Ratio of max in-game tank kills (by AI) in battles
    MaxBattleKillsRatioByAI: 0.25
    # Where the textual generated mission file is written; this also the place where the campaign state is kept
    OutputDir: D:\BoXCampaign\Data
    # IL2 data dir
    ServerDataDir: D:\BoXCampaign\IL2\data
    # IL2 bin dir
    ServerBinDir: D:\BoXCampaign\IL2\bin
    # SDS file, relative to data dir
    ServerSdsFile: sds\campaign.sds
    # Where this file resides
    InstallPath: D:\BoXCampaign\Campaign\bin
    # Whether to purge old mission logs
    PurgeLogs: true
    # Max think time for column movement planning
    ThinkTime: 60
    # Total production of all factories in an average region. Used to compute production factor to adjust production per factory building on the map.
    DesiredProduction: 300.0
    # Amount of production (resource units per hour) for planes. 500.0f gives one i16 or bf109e7 per hour.
    PlaneProduction: 2000.0
    # Fixed part of the mission briefing
    Briefing: |
        This mission is part of a dynamic campaign where the events from one mission affect the following missions.

Objectives: Truck convoys, tank columns, field camps (look for dugouts), factories, parked planes, anti-air cannons.

Each region has a 'life bar' indicating the storage health (colored bar) and current supply level (color of the bar).
        If the bar is red, the region is poorly defended. If it's green, it's fully defended.
        If the bar is short, it means storage is damaged. The shorter the bar, the mode damage.

Some regions have numbers beside their name: these represent the number of tanks in that region at the start of the mission.

Planes can be transferred from one airfield to another, but the result will only be visible in the next mission.

# If non-empty, webhook URL of a discord channel where comments extracted from the ongoing mission log entries will be posted.
    WebHook: ""
    # Max number of friendly fire incidents. Ban occurs when that number is reached
    MaxFriendlyFireEvents: 2
    # Duration of ban for friendly fire
    FriendlyFireBanDuration: 1
    # Maximum "noob score". When reached, player is banned for NoobBanDuration. Self-inflicted damage after take-off gives 1.0 pt, before take-off 2.0 pts. Friendly fire gives 1.0 pt
    MaxNoobScore: 3.0
    # Ban duration for excessively clumsy players, in hours. 0 will still give the in-game ban of 15min.
    NoobBanDuration: 1
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:00:41 pm »
One thing I am pleased bout is how stable both servers have been, to my knowledge neither have had to be restarted since I fired them up on the weekend.

I just restarted them to try and get more AC in, let me know if it works. 
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 06:44:28 pm »
Flew tonight and did not notice the increase in AI flights? Also, can you increase the length of each mission that runs?

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 05:29:36 am »
And can you disable the getting banned for crashing or loosing equipment option?

Thanks.

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 06:20:51 am »
Thanks Big 10, I meant to post something to Scorp. We havr been flying in the expert server since both ours and Coconuts servers have been hit or miss. Noticed that the time of the missions in the expert server seem to be a little inconsistant. Flew one mission and think it rotated out in 45 minutes. Also noticed some issues with load outs. Have been able to get the wing mounted cannons or bombs of any kind in any 109-F4 at any base.

Also Rage has had numerous issues with the a/c controls and after 2 crashes the damn game bans him for an hour. Teal PITA.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 02:25:26 pm »
I'm away until next Tuesday, will make adjustments then or perhaps Rel might give it a try.

I have a feeling that the server controller adjusts the missions on the fly, it removed items from the mission if the frame rates starts to slow for example.  So adding more AC to the mix might make more at the start of the mission but the controller might remove them if the server starts to bog down.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 11:50:25 pm »
I'll see what I can do.  I have to find the remote desktop connection info from my old install files, I'll try to get hooked up tomorrow.

Looking at the config file, regarding the ban, I would think I can just change the value of these properties to something like 999 or something:

MaxFriendlyFireEvents: 2
MaxNoobScore: 3.0

If we find that some public users begin to abuse this, we can always change it back to something smaller again.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 02:23:28 pm »
I bumped those two values up to 10 and 10.0 respectively, for both the campaign and practice campaign servers.  However, there were players on the servers so I didn't want to stop and restart the server which would kick them off, so I'll try to do that later.  Also, I have to remember how to stop and start the campaign, lol... have to look at my notes :).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 08:58:28 pm »
I have modified the plane sets for both servers, I think I have everything in there now.  If you don't see what you are looking for try a base further back, let me know if I am missing anything.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 10:21:57 pm »
Hey Scorp - FYI I jumped into the AKA expert server tonight, and after the mission I joined ended and rotated to the next generated mission, I was taxiing to take off and it said the mission was done and then it ended and rotated to the next one... it was up for around 10 minutes, strange.

S! Rel