Author Topic: Grounded at the moment  (Read 421 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Grounded at the moment
« on: May 03, 2018, 10:47:53 am »
S! Guys,

Sort of grounded at the moment - finally upgraded my PC to Windows 10 (pro) on one of its two SSDs, and have been getting things back in order.  Unfortunately, at first the sims (I.e.  BoX, DCS, etc) didn’t recognize any control inputs from my MS FFB2.  I got past that issue, but now the stick has no return to center force, so the sims are  still not playable.

I’ve tried the registry work around to disable force feedback, as I described in this post on the CloD forum:  aka-server.no-ip.org:8080/smf/index.php?topic=1139.0 but the issue persists.

Anyone else still use a MS FFB2 stick on Windows 10?

Thanks,
S! Rel
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:50:43 am by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Grounded at the moment
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 01:31:46 pm »
Rel, sorry to hear about your difficulties with the MSFF2 stick and Win 10. Have you checked out answers.microsoft for a solution. Some people there say the issue is not with Win10 recognizing the stick, but they have other issues if they try to run the software that came with the stick.

Also, pretty sure Bucky is still using a FF2 stick. Not sure if he upgraded to Win10, but you may want to check with him.

S! Grey
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 05:23:26 pm »
Yeah... I still have Windows 7

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 05:59:27 pm »
Hey guys, actually, a different day, a different result :).  Maybe it hadn't stuck yet yesterday (although I rebooted a few times), but for some reason (maybe a complete shut down), today when I booted up I immediately felt the return to center force on the MS FFB2, so I think the registry edit is working now (i.e. disabling the force feedback of the stick).  I just tried it in BoX and it was working fine, so it should be ok. So hopefully back to flight status for me for the other sims as well :).

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 02:28:02 pm »
May the 4th be with you young padawan.
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile