Author Topic: Is my microphone bothering some people?  (Read 475 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Is my microphone bothering some people?
« on: May 31, 2018, 02:23:00 pm »
last night I got yelled at for my microphone,, Matt said I was doing something. I wasn't doing anything, it's a $20 Logitech USB headset with microphone on plastic boom. Sometimes if I am not flying and say something, it will lay on my desk, I may pick up the headset by the headset band, and talk with the mic out in front of me. The room is very quiet. I live out in the country so no noise. There is a fan inside my computer case, maybe the mic picks up the fan inside the case ? The computer is on the floor a few feet from the desk. The only thing on the desk is the TV, keyboard, etc. I swapped that one for another headset, in case a wire is bad.
I can't think of anything else.

Ram..

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Is my microphone bothering some people?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 03:06:32 pm »
 8)Only problem that I have with your mike, is that the Volume is too high compared to the general level of the guys on channel.

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:40:51 am »
What exactly is the issue Ram? Are people upset because they are hearing constant background noises from you mic even when you are not talking? Are you using Push to Talk or Voice Activated?

If your mic levels need adjusting that is something I can do for you pretty easily, or attempt to walk you through it. These are easily fixed problems, no worries Ram =]

Regards,
Dash
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:45:00 am by AKA_Dash »
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 10:31:18 am »
Push to talk ...problem solved.....
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 02:24:03 pm »
it always is on ptt… never used it any other way...

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 08:08:25 am »
So what is happening Ram? Is there excessive background noise whenever you are speaking? Also, have you confirmed that you are using Push to Talk instead of Voice Activated? Its possible that Voice Activated is enabled without you realizing.

Is there static? Mic too high? Can someone who was on Ram's TS channel confirm the issue's.
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 12:12:14 pm »
There have been times when it sounded to me that Ram was using VoX or that his PTT was locked on.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 04:23:35 pm »
Here is what i would do to start troubleshooting. From this point fourth in my post i will refer to "Push to Talk" as PTT and voice activated is going to be VoX.

First, go into your settings and confirm you are using PTT and VoX.

When your on teamspeak keep the window open and talk using your push to talk button. Confirm that the blue light turns on when you press your Push To Talk button and also confirm that your blue light turns off when you release your PTT button.

If i remember correctly you are using the X52 stick and throttle. I used the same stick for quite some time and did have issue with buttons sticking and not releasing, and eventually certain buttons just flat out stopped working altogether. It wouldnt surprise me if something wonky is going on with the circuit board depending on your x52's age.

Let me know how this works for you. If you continue to have issues i have no problem loading up teamviewer and seeing whats going on. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:25:19 pm by AKA_Dash »