Author Topic: Odd issues with the AKA Normal BOS campaign  (Read 313 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Odd issues with the AKA Normal BOS campaign
« on: June 03, 2018, 10:30:19 am »
Scorp, first of all thank you for resetting the campaign map.

Last night me and a few guys were flying on that reset map and there were some odd issues happening. The two easternmost german bases, at Taman and the base just north of it, think it's called Fedorisykaya. Anyway  both of these bases were in friendly german hands at the time we popped in. Taman had about 6500 in supply but no aircraft. The other had about 8000 supply, plus a few aircraft. There was an ongoing tank battle about a grid and a half due east of that northernmost base.

So I took off in a 110 from Fedorisykaya with bombs for the enemy tanks and got a weird message. AKA_Greywolf has escaped from Fedoriskya in an attacker, followed by then another routine AKA_Greywolf has taken off in an attacker message. Then bombed my tanks and landed back at Fedoriskya to get a AKA_Greywolf captured at Fedoriskya message.

Meanwhile, AKA_Wolf took off in a Ju-52 with cargo to resupply Taman and once he got there, he got a message that AKA_Wolf has landed at Taman and the enemy thanks him for the supplies. Definitly something wrong on that map.

Just wanted to let you know and ask if you have heard of any other weird type message happening in the dynamic campaigns. I know you speak to the Coconuts guy regarding these campaigns, maybe you can pick his brain on the issue. Both of these base were in german control, there was absolutely zero enemy targets anywhere near these bases other than the enemy tank battle about 1 1/2 grids east of Fedoriskya.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Odd issues with the AKA Normal BOS campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 09:27:41 am »
Thanks Grey,

Coconut is presently working on a much latter version of Campaign than the one we run on our server.  I think we will have to wait until I can get a good solid version from him and then see if we have any issues with it.

Coconut has been very helpful putting together some source code that I can build and get a server more closely related to to what he runs on his servers.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 10:02:08 am »
Coconut has been very helpful putting together some source code that I can build and get a server more closely related to to what he runs on his servers.

That's great to hear - it's nice that a campaign framework developer like Coconut is making his code available to you/us for re-use and continuing to support you/us.  One small suggestion Scorp - not sure if it's possible given the length of text in the campaign/mission name or server name showing in the multiplayer screen, but...

Was wondering if it might not be a good idea to include something showing that the AKA dynamic campaign Expert/Normal server uses Coconut's campaign engine.  Gives him credit, while also helps give our server and your hard work additional credibility - i.e. in that we're using a framework (and not trying to look like his framework).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 05:16:36 pm »
I agree Rel, Coconuts seems to be very helpful by making his code available to us and we should give him some sort of credit. Also maybe since quite a few AKA guys enjoy flying the dynamic campaigns. Maybe we can be another source for him in testing things if he thinks it will help his work.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:43:47 am »
I Have the grand kids here for a couple of weeks so there won't be any major changes to the server over that time (can always reset campaigns etc).  Have managed to build the latest controller from source but it doesn't work with our campaign, will look into that when things get a bit quieter here.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:15:11 am »
Thanks for the update Scorp - good luck (er, have fun :) ) with the grandkids, I’m sure they are keeping you on your toes :D...

No worries, things are good with what you’ve set up so far, good luck with figuring out the latest coco build.  Also, thanks for adding to the description re: the coco engine.  It looks good! I didn’t want to take away anything from your efforts, which has been great - just thought it made sense to give credit from a PR perspective.

S! Rel