Author Topic: CBU Burst Height  (Read 2263 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
CBU Burst Height
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:16:17 pm »
DCS
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60818&highlight=set+height+103
setting HOF in 105

Page 383 of Flight Manual PDF.

*Edit*

You must have a different flight manual that I have, the only thing CBU related on page 383 of my manual is about the "INVALID FUSING" message on the HUD:

"When utilizing the radar function of the FZU-39 (Tail Fuzing enabled), in order to warn of a potential CBU-87 or CBU-103 release below the FZU-39 HOF entered in the inventory settings for the weapon, ―INVALID FUZING‖ will be displayed in the HUD when the aircraft descends below the set HOF. It will remain until the aircraft climbs above the set HOF. "

The real nugget of info I was looking for was on page 285:

"CBU Burst Height. From the Inventory pages, you can also set the altitude at which cluster bombs will open. The higher the altitude results in a wider bomblet footprint, but less dense coverage. The steps to set this are:
1. Press DSMS INV (OSB 5)
2. Press the OSB (1 - 11) that corresponds to the CBU station you want to set.
3. Press the CBU OSB.
4. Press the OSB that corresponds to the type of CBU that you wish to adjust.
5. From the HOF (Height of Function) OSB 18 , select the desired burst altitude.
6. On the store page, press LOAD (OSB 9) to save your changes.
7. Press STAT (OSB 1) to return to the main DSMS page. "

So yea, maybe it's just not implemented yet or bugged as GG says.

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: CBU Burst Height
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:14:16 pm »
Ram, I had sent you those instructions (in more verbose form) earlier via email several days ago. 

And yes it does work.

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 01:49:50 pm »
I am having a hard time with the targeting,,, using the 105 and 103... will explain in person,, basically,, I set the poi and click the point at which I want to drop at.. but then I get there the computer will not set it up to let me drop... sorry, O forgot the word I am looking for but it's the button on the right mfd that you use to set your target..  ...tcp? anyways... I am doing something wrong.. I have to find the training film for this weapon... I am not fully awake  :o ,, so I will check it later..

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »
I am having a hard time with the targeting,,, using the 105 and 103... will explain in person,, basically,, I set the poi and click the point at which I want to drop at.. but then I get there the computer will not set it up to let me drop... sorry, O forgot the word I am looking for but it's the button on the right mfd that you use to set your target..  ...tcp? anyways... I am doing something wrong.. I have to find the training film for this weapon... I am not fully awake  :o ,, so I will check it later..

sorry,,, the last coup[le of weeks were really a mess.. relatives were here... now I have to go back through al the emails and looks for videos, too.. meanwhile I had success in the past, but something changed... I can't explain.. just that the waypoints are making it difficult, because if I stray from waypoints the computer effuses to give me the release option on the hud... and they will not release... I want to be able to just pick a target at any time and drop the cbu's.. like in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idIVuUzuNYQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVIO2Ky2tI

How do I get the computer to not make me use waypoints? even if they are already in the mission...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:40:12 pm by AKA_Ramstein »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:14:10 pm »
Pick the waypoint that is nearest to your intended target.  Generally speaking you will always have a waypoint near a target either because it was input into your DTS Load prior to mission start and you upload into your computer when you start the aircraft, or because the JTAC you are speaking with will feed you coordinates that you can plug manually into your CDU.

Either way ... once you have the waypoint set as the active waypoint on your HUD you need to make your TGP your Sensor of Interest (SOI) and China Hat forward-long to slave it to that waypoint.  From there you need to use the slew control on your throttle to move the TGP around to search for a target. 

Once you find a target you like do a TMS forward-short to switch to Point-track mode.
Once you are in Point mode do a TMS forward-long to turn that point into your Sensor Point of Interest (SPI)

From there all your HUD and targeting info will be regarding dropping on that target/location. 

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »
watched another video,, this is all about the TDS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIguQdI4ZI

my TAD, OSB button functions () are not showing up like in the videos, and inventory setup and info is confusing a bit..

attached snapshot is of a video I watched but shows hud with line through for cbu's. When I fly and I am not on a wayopint, the line will not appear through the circle in the hud, and not let me drop bombs,, I have to learn to mark anew target at will.. use the tad hook, etc... commands so I can pick and choose targets away from waypoints...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:14:37 pm by AKA_Ramstein »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »
Ok, so we walked you through manually setting the HOF for a CBU tonight. 

What was the next task we need to tackle?

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 12:27:21 am »
not sure. I don't know... but I know my Saitek stick is causing some problems,, old stick and bogus key entries.. causing problems.. but funny, it's only happening with DCS,,, as far as I know... maybe because it's more complicated.. in any case last night really helped me a lot... I really look forward to flying with everyone like the previous years, al the wonderful missions we have done over the years...  ;) for now I will just do what I can with al of the aircraft I already have.. and enjoy the flying...

I will think about what else I need help with.. hhmmmm  ???
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:29:12 am by AKA_Ramstein »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 03:10:47 pm »
I'm not so sure it is your stick.

I have a Warthog controller and when I fly the Mi-8MTV2 helo I occasionally get 'ghost inputs'.  I'll turn on my controller indicators (RCtrl-Enter) to see the positions of my controllers and suddenly my cyclic will drift a quarter inch or so in a random direction every once in a while.  Very strange.  It doesn't seem to be associated with any given control or movement along any axis to cause this. 

Considering Mi-8 is still technically Beta I'm not worrying about it at the moment as it may have something to do with that. 

But if you are experiencing something similar in KA-50 or A-10C which are no longer in Beta, and that behavior is NOT replicated in other games, then I would open a support ticket.