Author Topic: WWII aircraft aerobatics over the area I live today  (Read 326 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
WWII aircraft aerobatics over the area I live today
« on: June 15, 2018, 04:31:10 pm »
I did not have any binoculars on me so I could not I.D. the aircraft flying above the area  I live, but it did not look like a P-51, I could see slightly rounded wingtips... and the guy was diving climbing, rolling, it was a free airshow for a while above the area I live. He was probably pushing near 400 mph in some of the time...  steeping dives and climbs.... fast rolls, and would break into a roll to pulls out of a dive and climb back up above the clouds... very cool ! He opened it up for a short while and covered a lot of air into the distance and would come back in the opposite direction. The engine was howling with power ! The sun was to bright in that area of the sky to I.D. the plane. The wingtips looked more like a Spitfire, but sounded a little more aggressive like a BF-109 does. I have worked around a Spitfire and it's more smooth.... Anyways,,, was happy I was out there while this pilot was...   ;)

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case