Author Topic: A Morning at the Museum  (Read 244 times)

Offline AKA_Juggernaut

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
A Morning at the Museum
« on: June 22, 2018, 08:45:16 pm »
Hey Gents,
I had the chance today to bore my family to death with a visit to the National Museum of WWII Aviation in Colorado Springs, CO. Nice collection of planes, all of which are privately owned and operational.

A very nice example of a F7F Tigercat in the restoration facility

A Link Trainer and it worked! One of the staff climbed in and and gave a short demonstration.

All that firepower in such a concentrated area

Nice restoration, the photos of what it looked liked coming out of the jungle of New Guinea were really sad.

Ah! The Jug the only other one I have seen in a museum was in Chino, California at the Planes of Fame Museum.

This isn't everything just the stuff that I thought would get some interest. A fun visit we were told that 15 more planes are going to be added in the next year, and the facility is going to add more space to house them all. I can't wait to see what they bring in.

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: A Morning at the Museum
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 09:23:17 am »
Thats quite the collection. Everytime I see a P-47 in person i'm in awe of the size. She was a big girl. Its nice they have the P38's gun configuration visible for visitors to see.

At the museum I volunteer at we have a working Link Trainer as well. On fly days we put kids in it and let them "simulate". The original simulator =]
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran