Author Topic: General FM Guidelines  (Read 3117 times)

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
General FM Guidelines
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:28:27 pm »
http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start

Some good stuff on there, I wasn't sure myself of the RPM / boost range for the various aircraft and came across this couple weeks ago digging around. I have found the 109e3 I can exceed the 2500rpm range for short bursts without blowing up long as my temps are good.

I was wondering, when you guys fly the e3, are you glancing back and forth at your dials in a fight? I've been playing by ear, adjusting pitch based on the sound of the engine when I'm in the thick of things. Curious if you guys even use the e3 much and how you manage the engine?

For oil rads knowing how open or close they are I just count the number of turns I make on the crank and usually keep em full open when I get in a fight until I'm trying to go fast I might go half way. Those huge things are like air brakes, can't say I've noticed much difference when I have the water cooler full open or not. Seems the biggest hit is from the oil flaps under the wings.

Feel like I'm flying in arcade settings with the 109, ammo just never runs out. Like 3 bursts from a spit and its all done!

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Re: General FM Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »
109's... we shoot those down, we don't fly em...  ;)

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:03:55 am »
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:06:58 am by AKA_Sully »
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 07:18:25 pm »
109's... we shoot those down, we don't fly em...  ;)

Boy times have changed! I recall you flying the heck out of those messers with me in a mig on your tail pointing straight down! haha

Just find that e3 pretty fascinating, engine management on the german stuff is pretty tough. Lose your touch for two seconds and it's pushing 2800rpm and oil on the front screen! DB601 is quite sensitive, wonder how many e3s flew vs e4s in BoB. This morning was flying along some guy in a hurricane was doing so well I thought it was a spitfire till the wing caught fire. I thought, man, spits don't usually burn like that! Haha

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 07:21:46 pm »
So you really never fly the German stuff? Switch to Hueys in DCS when you get tired of that spit?

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »
sigh..

I like the planes, not the political crap. sorry, got several friends and family that are jewish, muslim, catholic, and more. We all get along fine. Didn't realize aka was like this

take er easy folks, I'm out!

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 04:54:49 pm »
I received an email from Blazin, requesting to be withdrawn from the AKA. I didn't read this link in the forum before I responded to his request.
I find it a shame that Blazin, one of the ol' 609'ers, is no longer a Wardog!
I hope he changes his mind.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »
I am a bit confused?  why would he leave the AKA?  I don't think Recon was being political at all, in fact the wink shows it. 

I fly 109's and stay on our comms just so I can do my rendition of the theme to Jaws.  I hope Blazin does not think because of the lack of response people were being political, hell between work and the holidays I think I have four hours of flight time in the last 2 + weeks. 

Let him know Gos that no one was being political and the lack of response was because of the time of year, not the subject of his post..

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Fehler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 01:24:38 am »
sigh..

I like the planes, not the political crap. sorry, got several friends and family that are jewish, muslim, catholic, and more. We all get along fine. Didn't realize aka was like this

take er easy folks, I'm out!

I am a bit confused?  why would he leave the AKA?  I don't think Recon was being political at all, in fact the wink shows it.

Matte, I think he was responding to a picture I posted.  It was of a dutch girl getting her head shaved by other Dutch citizens in response to her being a Nazi sympathizer.  It was meant as a joke, nothing more.  Like, "Fly a 109 and we will shave your head!"  I assumed it would be taken as a joke, but I guess it wasn't.

I sincerely apologize that my humor was taken incorrectly.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:12:21 am by Fehler »

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 07:13:16 am »
1) I'm actually shocked someone read that into it and saw anything more than a joke in the context it was in. "We'll shave your head if you fly German" is what I saw.

2) Not to mention the post was made by 418th_ Fehler who doesn't fly the AKA uniform.... if that matters ;)

We fly whatever we want here ..... I came from a German squad and only started to fly allied to get into "Forgotten Skies" now I stay in them because in my experience they are less superior in most scenario's online.

These are a great group of guy's who don't care what you're political views and or religion are for that matter.

I will also say this .......I am an Irish/black Jehovah witness Marxist who is married to a Jewish Asian dwarf who practices Kwanza and I have never felt uncomfortable here ;)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:29:51 am by AKA_Sully »
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 11:20:59 am »
Just read this thread but had an email from Tai and Gos telling me about it.  Although I didnt see to pic it sounded pretty innocent and not meant to politicize. I hope Blazen can get that message.

Bucky

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 01:29:28 pm »
Thanks all to the input.

MattE, can you post a response to the questions Blazin had about flying the 109?

"I was wondering, when you guys fly the e3, are you glancing back and forth at your dials in a fight? I've been playing by ear, adjusting pitch based on the sound of the engine when I'm in the thick of things. Curious if you guys even use the e3 much and how you manage the engine?"

It'd be helpful for everyone to get as much information as possible, if the rest of us try to take a hand at the 109 to learn better ways of beating it when we're flying English and mastering it when we fly German.

Thanks again.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline Fehler

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »
I will also say this .......I am an Irish/black Jehovah witness Marxist who is married to a Jewish Asian dwarf who practices Kwanza and I have never felt uncomfortable here ;)

Oh no!  Not Irish!  Hahah!

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 03:50:39 am »
 :D

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 08:37:59 am »
Thanks all to the input.

MattE, can you post a response to the questions Blazin had about flying the 109?

Yes Gos I will, please tell Blazin he needs to get back here, and don't listen to Fehler, the meth gets to him sometimes..

<Insert  toothless methhead smile emoticon here>

MattE

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:47:28 pm by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft