Author Topic: DCS World Dedicated Server Update  (Read 119 times)

Online AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
DCS World Dedicated Server Update
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:11:37 pm »
I will be able to run the dedicated server software on my 2nd computer... (wife will not be bothered if I run it in the background).
I can host and no one will take the load (while hosting DCS) on their primary gaming computer...
and hopefully, if it has a port control access, I can give out a port address to those that want to control it...
Top, Rel, etc...

DCS World Dedicated Server Update

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3565024#post3565024
With the launch of 2.5 earlier this year, we have been working diligently on an item we’ve been wanting to bring to DCS World for quite a long time: a dedicated server. It however was not until the launch of DCS World 2.5 was this possible, and hence the length of time this has taken.

As a dedicated server, the software will not require any graphics rendering, so no dedicated graphics card will be required and there is no audio requirement. This all greatly reduced server load overhead.

There will be a new web GUI to control the server. Operation of the dedicated server through the web GUI will operate much as the existing online server does now, but allow you to make changes remotely.

We plan to release the dedicated server in Autumn 2018. Afterward, we will investigate adding additional features to expand its capability.

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case