Author Topic: Tank Crew  (Read 260 times)

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Tank Crew
« on: July 23, 2018, 12:50:28 pm »
Dies anyone else have this module, and does anyone play it online?

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift,

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Crew
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 01:43:51 pm »
I might try it out.  To be honest I love tanks, played Panzer Elite online back in the day and was active with Steel Beast for a while.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:02:28 pm »
wish they had like a trial or a preview to try

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 06:44:19 pm »
I might try it out.  To be honest I love tanks, played Panzer Elite online back in the day and was active with Steel Beast for a while.

MattE

I got hooked back in the day with M1 Tank Platoon.  Also have SB PE PRo and still dink around in it from time to time.  Think it is the DCS of tank sims but haven't found a lot of on-line play.

I think that would be great, especially given the cost of games today. I think it would be difficult to implement. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:46:51 pm by AKA_Clutter »

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift,

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:57:50 pm »
Just got back.
I have purchased it and will let you know how it is.

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 09:16:05 pm »

You can drive the T-34 or Pz III now just by having BoX… not sure which of the three current titles will allow for it.  I have BoS, BoM and BoK, and I can currently drive either of those two tanks (look in the quick mission builder, and the missions/tank scenarios).   From what I understand, these two tanks will get a make-over to the Tank Crew standard, so they should look better than they are now.  But, you can get a feel for driving tanks right now with those two.

S! Rel

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 10:35:09 am »
Nice! good find!

I'll try that out - thanks Rel!

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 10:58:16 am »
In our AKA BoS Dynamic Campaign server, both on the Expert and Normal (Kidde Pool) they have tank battles happening all over on the map.

You dont have to fly planes, you can drive tanks and still contribute to which ever side you happen to be on.

These are the little things that I have found out from some of the guys that dont fly BoS  regularly or fly in the Campaign server dont know about.

Again proves the need for the kiddie pool and the need to have a relaxed setting to get together as friends and learn the games in's and out's.

Last night we even had Jericho up and I had a chance to wing for a bit with my old friend Clutter.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 08:52:37 pm »
… ….

Last night we even had Jericho up and I had a chance to wing for a bit with my old friend Clutter.

Grey - It was a BLAST to put on the old black leather.  Thanks to you and Mogas I was able to actually not die.  "-)

S! sir