Author Topic: Problem with the BoS AKA Dynamic campaigns???  (Read 1071 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with the BoS AKA Dynamic campaigns???
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 02:34:30 pm »
Rel, its interesting that you mentioned the resupply aircraft
 Last campaign mission I flew a number of 109-F4's into Pitominik from the German supply base at Kalatch. Was surprised to find there was none available at the start of this second mission
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 03:04:24 pm »
Rel, its interesting that you mentioned the resupply aircraft
 Last campaign mission I flew a number of 109-F4's into Pitominik from the German supply base at Kalatch. Was surprised to find there was none available at the start of this second mission

Yes, the Lagg3 I landed at the forward base last mission wasn’t there either.

Also, one more thing I wanted to clarify:  I don’t think many understand yet that ferry missions in the coconut based campaigns don’t work like our il2/46 campaigns.  When you ferry an aircraft from the supply base to a forward base, it’s only for YOUR use!  There is no pool of aircraft at the forward bases, so if you ferry all of a single type of aircraft that are available from the supply base, NO ONE ELSE can take that plane from the supply base.  And, if they don’t have any reserves (I.e. cash), they won’t be able to purchase that aircraft type from a forward base.

So please people, only ferry max one or two aircraft  OF A GiVEN TYPE from the supply base (I.e. airfield way in the backfield with the name in all CAPS), that way you leave enough for others to take.  If you want to have a few aircraft at a front line base, ferry a few different types of aircraft (I.e. fighter, attack, bomber).

(Sorry for some CAPs, trying to emphasize things ;) )
S! Rel
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:10:57 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2018, 04:07:10 pm »
Guys the Campaign closed last night after a message came up saying the blue side won due to no factory's left on the allied.

Can we restart the existing one or a completely new one with different /more aircraft ?

S! J

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 05:52:15 pm »
Went to fly on the current campaign in the AKA Normal map. Mission says 7:40 pm, it's dark ..... and there are no airfield runway lights or searchlights at any airfields. WTF is the point of running a map when it's impossible to get into an airplane and fly!
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2018, 11:51:21 am »
The LongWorkDay: false option was missing from the config file.  Not sure if the default is true or false so this may or may not have an effect on the last mission of the day.

I am also not sure if Coconut takes into account the time of year when he decides when the last mission will occur, 7:40 is dark during during the winter but fine during the summer.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2018, 04:23:51 pm »
LOL - is there a list of properties available Scorp?  Or did you have to dig a bit for that one?!

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 10:01:49 am »
For anyone who has trouble sleeping here are the campaign settings that I have access to:

Campaign:
    # Can be auto or the name of a plane set
    PlaneSet: auto
    # Whether to use the textual mission file (slow but better compatibility with new versions of the game)
    # Otherwise the binary file is used (fast, but new versions of the game often change that format)
    UseTextMissionFile: false
    # Seed for the random generator; affects weather
    Seed: 42
    # Max deviation of the weather with respect of standard weather for start date
    WeatherDayMaxOffset: 7
    # Max number of fires (on destroyed storage/factories)
    MaxFires: 20
    # Max number of spotted building icons (per type and coalition)
    MaxBuildingIcons: 10
    # Max number of convoys in mission (per side)
    MaxConvoys: 8
    # Max number of attacker planes (per side)
    MaxAttackers: 3
    # Max number of patrols (per side, two planes per patrol)
    MaxPatrols: 2
    # Max number of captured planes available for spawning (per airfield)
    MaxCapturedPlanes: 0
    # Base name of generated mission file
    # Each round two files are generated. They are named after the parameter below, with _1 and _2 appended.
    # You should set your sds file to use a mission rotation with two missions, using these names.
    # This avoids issues with locked mission files that typically arise when replacing the old mission file while DServer is running and sending files to players currently connecting.
    # These files are copied to <ServerDataDir>/Multiplayer/Dogfight
    MissionName: DynCampaign
    # Length of mission, in minutes
    MissionLength: 180
    # If early morning and late evening night time should be included in missions. Searchlights give a nice ambience, but they heavily affects gameplay, as AA is inactive after searchlights are destroyed.
    LongWorkDay: false
    # Interval between group of vehicles in a column (for columns larger than 15 tanks)
    ColumnSplitInterval: 60
    # Max number of convoys active simultaneously (per side)
    MaxSimultaneousConvoys: 2
    # Max number of ferry flights active simultaneously (per side)
    MaxSimultaneousFerryFlights: 2
    # Max number of vehicles in a battle (per side)
    MaxVehiclesInBattle: 15
    # Number of in-game tank kills per battle resolution kills
    BattleKillRatio: 5
    # Ratio of max in-game tank kills (by players) in battles
    MaxBattleKillsRatioByPlayers: 1.0
    # Ratio of max in-game tank kills (by AI) in battles
    MaxBattleKillsRatioByAI: 0.25
    # Max static planes per airfield
    MaxStaticPlanes: 6
    # Control whether player-driven tank spawns should be included in battles
    EnablePlayerTanks: true
    # Where the textual generated mission file is written; this also the place where the campaign state is kept
    OutputDir: C:\Campaign\Data
    # IL2 data dir
    ServerDataDir: C:\il2\data
    # If true, enable chatlog commands: Players can type in commands in the chat to interact with the campaign software.
    # Disabled by default, as this requires the frequent sent of cutchatlog commands to DServer, which appears to make it crash.
    ChatLogCommandsEnabled: false
    # IL2 bin dir
    ServerBinDir: C:\il2\bin
    # SDS file, relative to data dir
    ServerSdsFile: sds\campaign.sds
    # Where this file resides
    InstallPath: C:\Campaign\Bin
    # Whether to purge old mission logs
    PurgeLogs: true
    # Max think time for column movement planning
    ThinkTime: 60
    # Total production of all factories in an average region. Used to compute production factor to adjust production per factory building on the map.
    DesiredProduction: 300.0
    # Amount of production (resource units per hour) for planes. 500.0f gives one i16 or bf109e7 per hour.
    PlaneProduction: 2000.0
    # Fixed part of the mission briefing
    Briefing: |
        This mission is part of a dynamic campaign where the events from one mission affect the following missions.

Objectives: Truck convoys, tank columns, field camps (look for dugouts), factories, parked planes, anti-air cannons.

Each region has a 'life bar' indicating the storage health (colored bar) and current supply level (color of the bar).
        If the bar is red, the region is poorly defended. If it's green, it's fully defended.
        If the bar is short, it means storage is damaged. The shorter the bar, the mode damage.

Some regions have numbers beside their name: these represent the number of tanks in that region at the start of the mission.

Planes can be transferred from one airfield to another, but the result will only be visible in the next mission.

# If non-empty, webhook URL of a discord channel where comments extracted from the ongoing mission log entries will be posted.
    WebHook: ""
    # Max number of friendly fire incidents. Ban occurs when that number is reached
    MaxFriendlyFireEvents: 2
    # Duration of ban for friendly fire
    FriendlyFireBanDuration: 1
    # Maximum "noob score". When reached, player is banned for NoobBanDuration. Self-inflicted damage after take-off gives 1.0 pt, before take-off 2.0 pts. Friendly fire gives 1.0 pt
    MaxNoobScore: 3.0
    # Ban duration for excessively clumsy players, in hours. 0 will still give the in-game ban of 15min.
    NoobBanDuration: 1
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 12:58:40 pm »
Wow, this may make it harder to sleep :).

Noticed a few properties that might be worth adjusting:

# Max number of ferry flights active simultaneously (per side)
    MaxSimultaneousFerryFlights: 2

So what does this mean exactly?  I'm sure we've had more than two guys (on a side) that were bringing an aircraft forward from the supply (all caps) base.  I'm wondering if this means that if you are the 3rd/4th/etc. pilot who's "in flight" from the supply base at the same, that your aircraft does not get added to the inventory at the target airbase?  Worse, is it also still removed from the inventory of the supply base?  If so, this could explain why we seemed to run out of some aircraft types at the supply base.  Should this property be increased to something like 99 or something?  Or, if this is for AI ferry flights, then I've miss-read it and it's probably OK as is.

# Max number of attacker planes (per side)
    MaxAttackers: 3

It's not clear if this means that for an entire  (~3 hour) mission, there will only be 3 attacker aircraft from one side attacking?  I think we've had more than this during a mission, so maybe this means the maximum number of attack aircraft for a given flight?

# Max number of patrols (per side, two planes per patrol)
    MaxPatrols: 2

Given that each mission is ~3 hours, should this be increased (e.g. 3) so we have a little more sweep patrols?

Thanks for listing the properties out.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2018, 03:36:12 pm »
It's my understanding that the ferry flights are the AI ones.

For Patrols and Attackers it the max number at any point in the mission, so if one is shot down or RTB another AI replaces it but there can never be more than 3 at any time.  I have seen some flights of 4 attackers  but I have also seen with only 1. 

In our campaigns the number of patrols and attackers is set higher than this.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2018, 03:59:36 pm »
Sounds good - I guess this adds to the dynamic nature of the campaign, that only max values are set, depending on load.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2018, 04:54:35 pm »

I am amazed there seems to be no switch for making sure campaign runs daytime missions only.

The last three nights the test server has been been serving up basically only pitch dark missions.

Just curious, Is this the only setting available and is it really set to false now?

""
# If early morning and late evening night time should be included in missions. Searchlights give a nice ambience, but they heavily affects gameplay, as AA is inactive after searchlights are destroyed.
    LongWorkDay: false
""

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 01:40:16 pm »
This is the only setting and it is set to false.

Coconut has however "Fixed bug with night time computation" in a later version than we use.  There is poll to see if we want to install it which would mean resetting the campaign.

AKA_Scorp