Author Topic: Dynamic Campaign Manual (Ours and Coconuts)  (Read 720 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Dynamic Campaign Manual (Ours and Coconuts)
« on: August 09, 2018, 10:55:16 am »
Hey guys, here is the manual for the dynamic campaign in BoS.

It helps if everyone RTFM.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UrZmjnvghTrf-dSfGhV0hV7ZTg4y6xE0nb_-46kBM3E/edit#
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:57:52 pm by AKA_Relent »
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic Campaign Manual (Ours and Coconuts)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:38:08 am »
Thanks Grey, I had an older version before the aircraft reservation system.  I RTFM :).

Learned something - for a supply flight withOUT a Ju-52, you DO need to take bombs in the bomber, then land at the destination airbase with the bombs still onboard (carefully! :))... that in effect is transferring the bombs (and fuel I guess) to the destination airfield.  I didn’t see anything about taking 100% fuel.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:48:25 am by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 01:27:08 pm »
Yep, saw that to about taking bombs but landing with them for a supply flight. Question I have is the Coconuts manual says any aircraft with bombs. Does that include fighters?

Question for Scorp to ask Coconuts next time they talk.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 05:30:19 pm »
Yep, saw that to about taking bombs but landing with them for a supply flight. Question I have is the Coconuts manual says any aircraft with bombs. Does that include fighters?

Question for Scorp to ask Coconuts next time they talk.

I guess it was missed when you (or I) RTFM! :) :

Players can fly supply flights using the Ju52 with the cargo load-out. A supply flight normally follows these steps: take-off from well-supplied rear airfield, land and airfield in region in need, take-off again with the same plane and land back at the airfield of departure. Do not despawn at the front airfield unless you also want to transfer the plane there.
Players can also fly supply flights with any plane that can carry bombs. Take off with the bombs, fly to the destination without dropping any of the bombs, land with the bombs and despawn. Note the differences with the Ju52. They are due to technical restrictions in the game’s logs.

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:56:14 am »
ok, so for those that can't read, if we want to resupply a base, we have to carry bombs - sorta opposite of other campaigns

Interesting too how you can land and take off again.   Does that mean in theory you could resupply multiple airfields in one trip ?

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 09:01:21 am »
ok, so for those that can't read, if we want to resupply a base, we have to carry bombs - sorta opposite of other campaigns

Interesting too how you can land and take off again.   Does that mean in theory you could resupply multiple airfields in one trip ?

I think if you are not flying a Ju-52, after you land with bombs, you would have to finish the flight and actually transfer the aircraft too, thus no. 

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 11:07:26 am »
WOW!
Nice manual, very informative :)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 04:11:24 pm »
Just installed the latest version of the campaign from Coconuts:

Version 1.40.0.0
- Add U-2VS as an attacker

- Fix missing La5 in Stalingrad (late) and Kuban (early)

- These two items above will only take effect in the nest campaign (think he means newest)

- AI Attackers and fighter patrols have a limit on the number of times they can respawn, set accordingly to plane numbers at their home airfield

- Shooting down AI attackers and fighters depletes the number of planes at the home airfield

Here are all the changes for the project:

https://www.patreon.com/coconutside/posts?tag=changelog
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 04:27:02 pm by AKA_Scorp »
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 04:40:13 pm »
Thanks for the update Scorp.

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 09:10:01 pm »
Thanks, Scorp!

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 06:49:01 am »
Thanks Scorp, found it interesting reading all the various changes Coconuts has made with each varient of the campaign. Also found that he made a change to include destroying Static aircraft at an airfield depletes the available aircraft at that airfield. Similar to what we have in our 1946 campaigns.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 09:44:22 am »
Thanks Scorp, found it interesting reading all the various changes Coconuts has made with each varient of the campaign. Also found that he made a change to include destroying Static aircraft at an airfield depletes the available aircraft at that airfield. Similar to what we have in our 1946 campaigns.

If he keeps at it it will eventually be as good as that campaign generator.  The 1946 campaign generator,like Coconuts, improved incrementally over quite a long period of time.  While I had an idea in my head of how it would look when I started out most of what it is came from the community.

AKA_Scorp