Author Topic: Idea for Old IL-2, new types of very short campigns missions  (Read 365 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Idea for Old IL-2, new types of very short campigns missions
« on: August 21, 2018, 12:56:35 pm »
OK, so we have al of these newer flight sims, we still fly and Enjoy IL-2 1946, and have full length campaigns. I have always said that there is tons of stuff in IL-2 1946 we have never touched and enjoyed. How about, sometime in the future, and since the next campaign is already being worked on.. that maybe we can look at an idea I have wanted to try. I mentioned the many other maps and planes we never fly and take advantage of.

So here is what I would love to see and do. Maybe we could take these underused, seldom used, and never used maps and planes and make some missions, micro/mini campaigns. They could only be like 10 missions, 5 one side, then sides change, making total of 10 missions. Do a night fighters campaign. Do a Slovakia map camp. A Nuking of Japan map. A mini Korea. A mini Spanish civil war. Do a kamikaze mini, and also the fact that the Germans did have a German kamikaze version of aircraft they used to cut bombers in half. And of course the Japanese with the Baka bombers, which we have.

Some of the special working planes in IL-2 1946, and the way they work I believe only worked in coop mode though, like the release of the baka bomb. But I think some of the special planes like towing gliders and such actually will work in the mode we use online. We could have a blast with landing Gliders at Normandy.

Since these would be short campaigns and for fun, I don't think we need to make a lot of work for mission builders, just add some ground targets without a lot of planning and work, just enough so we can have ground targets, but not have to overload mission makers with a crazy amount of map making.

What does everyone think?

Is there soemthing else you guy would like to explore as a group for a few short missions?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:14:01 pm by AKA_Ramstein »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for Old IL-2, new types of very short campigns missions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 05:27:32 am »
I like ram, I am all for something different.

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for Old IL-2, new types of very short campigns missions
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 12:10:49 pm »
Me too.

Perhaps this has been done before.  We should all look around and see if mini campaigns are available.

I know that setting up a campaign is a real pain, lotsa loose ends have to be tied up before launch.

In the past it was a love of game that made it all work. Now, with BOS getting traction and all, the work of setting up and testing 1946
may be getting tougher to bear.