Author Topic: 109E3 Pro pitch in combat  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Recon

• View Profile
109E3 Pro pitch in combat
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:12:46 am »
Good discussion on the 109 prop pitch...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7940

Now... if I could just fly it with you guys - when we switching for awhile ?  :)

I haven't flown a 109 in months, and when I did I maybe have 5-6 sorties under my belt ?

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 109E3 Pro pitch in combat
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:42:55 am »
I found it challenging to fly the E-3 without blowing the engine because of not using pitch properly...   :o but haven't been flying it lately... too many other things going on..

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:28:12 am »
S!~
 I think its about time to give the German side a go- in that tey are almost always outnumbered- and it would be fun to try the "other-side" for a while.
 I know Recon is in- and I think others are also- so maybe this eve- Wed. 1/15/14. Ill be on the usual times- look forward to some stick time in the German aircraft.

S!~ Blasto   8)

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 04:15:26 pm »
No...no..no....oh ok!  Lol

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:57:34 pm »
lol Bucky!

Blasto - sweet man - I hope to be online flying either/or Thursday or hopefully most definitely Friday night !!!

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:54:05 am »
S!~
 Flew last night with Wiley, Bucky, and Ram ( Ram was sneaking around in an Allied aircraft hunting us methinks...lol).
Bucky - Wiley - and I flew Bf109's from Tramecourt- I blew 2 engines in a E3- then switched to the E1 and had no issues with engine temp. Could have been just me or the E1 was more stable- think a bit of both. Once in the Bf109E-1- I found and destroyed a Spitfire / a Hurricane / and damaged another Hurri and hit a Bleenie good- one sortie 2.5 kills - 55% of my fuel left and half of my machine guns! Gotta love the Bf109- the E1 only has machine guns- but in close- let em' have it.
 We were having difficulty seeing objects low- but it could have been the map. Good times- Ill be on later this eve- wk'ing open to close today.

S!~ Blasto

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »
Dang, that sounds like fun just reading that Blasto.

The old Zen saying about 'know thy enemy' - side benefit is we learn these nuances first hand.

Looking forward to flying this Friday and trying out a 109 again with my fellow AKA'ers!

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 06:11:20 pm »
Had a few flights this morning in the E4/n and had an issue with the auto prop pitch not working properly. Few minutes after I took off I had zero power as it was running full fine at 8:30. So flipped the auto prop switch and it came online but then went wild and my RPMs jumped to 2700 and blew the engine. Quick landing then grabbed a new E4/n.

This time while engine was warming up I flipped the switch to toggle auto off then on and it was fine the entire flight. I've pretty much just flown the e3 on german side so didn't know, maybe this is normal for the E4? Could be my control setup and just an issue with my particular setup.

Thought I'd share in case others ran into this where they had no power in the E4's

Other than that it was a great flight, brought down a couple bombers. The mine rounds are devastating! Brit hurricanes were strafing the fields with E4/n, maybe to prevent those big cannons from getting airborne? When I got a plane in my sight it was like flying a fw190 in IL2, just a few pops and done.

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 05:02:09 pm »
S! to run auto pitch in E4s turn off auto prop for take off use full fine pitch for take off after up in the air reduce rpms to 2200 then engage auto prop it will work correctly from there