Author Topic: Big Sale  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Big Sale
« on: December 23, 2015, 12:10:27 pm »
I picked up

Channel map
Sopwith Dolphin
Sopwith Dolphin Aircraft Mod
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Pup Aircraft Mod
Sopwith Triplane
Sopwith Triplane Aircraft Mod

$13 total

71st plays this - Rob is wanting to run some channel stuff.

Anyone else into ROF ?

I must admit I need to reinstall it - but with CloD being slow right now and our group stuck in the dark ages of IL-2 1946 been looking for alternatives ...

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Big Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:21:31 pm »
"group stuck in the dark ages of IL-2 1946"

ouch!!
In our defense, we're not stuck. There are just more options and alternatives presently within 1946. I'd reckon that once there are more aircraft or maps available in the other sims, that'll be quite a draw.
Besides, when you're turning and burning with an enemy on your 12 or 6, the eye candy tends to all blend together anyway. :)
It's OK for me to say all this because I also fly COD and some very limited DCS, ROF and BOS.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 11:45:50 am »
I echo Gos' comments :).  Also I posted in the BoS forum so I won't repost here:  http://akawardogs.co/forum/index.php?topic=971.msg4369#new

And yes, I'm into RoF, but I usually just fly against AI to have a little fun trying out some of the newer aircraft I've purchased during the sales.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:29:39 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »
"group stuck in the dark ages of IL-2 1946"

ouch!!
In our defense, we're not stuck. There are just more options and alternatives presently within 1946. I'd reckon that once there are more aircraft or maps available in the other sims, that'll be quite a draw.
Besides, when you're turning and burning with an enemy on your 12 or 6, the eye candy tends to all blend together anyway. :)
It's OK for me to say all this because I also fly COD and some very limited DCS, ROF and BOS.

Gos

Well when our squadron is so fractured with everyone doing their own thing it hurts the squadron.  Yes 1946 was fun in its hey day but if you guys can't see that we went from multiple squadron, 100 pilots on a server wars that has dwindled down to 10v10 AKA vs AKA I think it's fair to say it's in the dark ages.

Granted - for many years there weren't very many alternatives - but now that companies are releasing new flight sims seems we could move on and try something new .. Together.  The people who made the war system your flying on have moved on - you might have different planes and maps - but it's the same old system for like 10 years now!

Just my opinion - I'm not a PC type of person so sorry if I offend y'all - just saying what I've been thinking :)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 06:06:34 pm »
I hear you Recon - I think part of the problem initially with these new sims was the cost - BoS for the preimum is $80;  I was a little hesitant at that, so now that it's $40 it's a better deal IMO.  Same with DCS - I don't think I've purchased any of the modules at their regular price, I wait for the sales then scoop them up.   RoF has had some great deals as well, with planes costing a couple bucks, a great way to add to your collection after getting the free startup version you can get now.  CloD did go down in price fairly quickly, and I think that's the one sim that most of the AKA pilots have next to IL2/46.  Of course for a while that was the main "next step" sim after IL2/46 but the lack of plane set plus the problems (until the 3rd party updates) made it a turn off after a while.

Just give guys time - hope fully those that are reading this can start looking at some of these sales that have been happening and pick up some new sims for a good deal and test the waters.

S! Rel