Author Topic: AKA Get together anytime soon in Washington State for AKA ?  (Read 231 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
AKA Get together anytime soon in Washington State for AKA ?
« on: September 21, 2018, 10:39:42 am »
AKA Get together anytime soon in Washington State ? A friend that flies planes wants to maybe fly up to Washington (from here in Oregon), If the AKA is having a get together in the coming weeks or months I may fly up. If other pilots that fly also go, it could be fun with real pilots and other AKA all meet up.  Also, the clothing issue..... any word on decisions ? Maybe we could design an AKA Wardogs Patch and have patches made.. just in idea...

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Online AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: AKA Get together anytime soon in Washington State for AKA ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 11:31:33 am »
I'm all for meeting up with fliers and know just the place to do it near the Boeing Air and Space Museum. It's a small restaurant called Randy's Diner. Great atmosphere and the food's good too!

In this area, we have, or possibly can have me, Thrud, Wayno, Brittles, Wildcard, RedHerring, Clutter, Blacksun, Clutter, TWC_Piranha, Foxhound, Fireball, Grim, and maybe a couple others if pressed.

In regard to the patch and clothing, I'd recommend we go with either of the ones you and Taipan have identified to date. I believe Taipan obtained a sampling of the clothing from the outfit he identified and perhaps he can give an accounting of them in a response. Ram, if you've obtained anything from the guy in your area, perhaps you can give an accounting of what you obtained. I've given up on the lady up in this area as she has not responded to several inquiries within the past year or so.

Gos

"Death from above"

Online AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:29:59 am »
Ram:
If you want to fly up with your friend, let me know the date and I'll try to meet with you guys for lunch.
There's a great BBQ place not far from Renton airport. On short notice, I'm not sure hoqw many others I can get to show up, but can give it a shot.
Let me know.
Also, what field would your friend be flying out of?

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »
there is an airport is very close where I live , that town is Lebanon Oregon. A small airstrip. Nice, though.

if it is when as many of us can meet up, that would be nice, since his focus is on real aircraft, the more the merrier.

he is a biologist who flies contract for some Oregon wildlife office, and studies owls from the air and ground.

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case