Author Topic: @ REL  (Read 752 times)

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
@ REL
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:09:51 pm »
Hi Rel can you please explain to me the naturalizing of  towns and airfields in particular Lebau airfield and town.

the town has no red and 40 blue( has been red for a couple of missions now) but is still red the airfield is 9 red and 63 blue not what you call take over bid .

Thanks

J

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: @ REL
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »
S! Jer,

From what I understand:

- If a location is controlled by one side, it will become neutral (contested) if the opposing side has forces comprised of >= 25% of the controlling side at the end of a mission.
- If a side is controlled by one side and there are no forces on either side at the end of the mission, the controlling side still remains.

Here's what I suspect happened at the end of Friday's (Saturday for you) mission:

* Libau (town) was RED at the start of Friday's mission, as it was captured in a prior mission;  BLUE ships arrived off Libau (Libau Harbor), and have are dropping off 40 units of ground forces.  However, they are not yet officially in Libau (town) until the end of the NEXT mission where they will finish offloading - even though the map shows 40 BLUE units.  That's probably why Libau (town) is still RED as those forces aren't quite there.  If they survive Sunday's mission (Monday for you), then Libau (town) will be BLUE.

* Libau airfield was BLUE at the start of Friday's mission, but 9 units of RED forces made it to the airfield.  I suspect there is a train at Libau station that has dropped off BLUE units.  If so, those units aren't officially at Libau airfield, so even though it shows 63 BLUE units, more than likely half of those units just started offloading from the trains.  Trains and ships operate the same way, they need one mission to offload their units.

I hope this helps, this is the only scenario that makes sense with respect to how things turned out.

S! Rel
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:17:01 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 11:12:13 pm »
 Thanks REL

Well done I forgot about the delay from trains that makes sense and your scenario is correct for  the shipping also.
 thanks for clearing that up

S!

J

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 09:06:48 pm »
No problem Jer :).
S! Rel