Author Topic: Update warning from Recon  (Read 378 times)

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
Update warning from Recon
« on: October 10, 2018, 12:04:09 pm »
AKA_Recon
WARNING - and I might be too late:  @everyone  I am hearing that today’s patch is screwing up people’s controls again. You can back up your current controls by copying into another folder the files in C:\Users"yourname"\Saved Games\DCSopenbeta\Config\Input.
ie. I might have lost all my Hornet's bindings
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Update warning from Recon
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 04:24:48 pm »
That SUCKS.

And thank you, I have not updated yet.

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:00:37 pm »
So is it safe just to copy it back over after the update?

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 07:05:14 pm »
I don't know some are saying their views are messed up
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 07:32:40 pm »
From what I read even backing up your controls does not work.  I am going to hold off.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 08:52:21 pm »
Too late, I updated my DCS OB earlier today, although I haven't fired it up yet.  However, it's not necessarily a bug, I saw this in the F/A-18 sub forum, from NineLine, so we all need to get used to it:

All this was fixed in this patch:

Hotfix B-sweep no longer renders outside the radar tactical area.
Corrected the drag value of TCTS Pod.
TDC cursor position maintains location after target breaks lock.
Aerial refuelling Instant Action missions have been corrected.
B-Sweep no longer hangs when radar loses lock. This issue is still being worked on for an undesignated button break lock.

The controls issues are due to us starting to standardize and clean up the controls and how they are done in the sim, it makes for some extra work now, but down the road, it will be easier to have controller-based profiles supplied with the sim, that assign most controls for you, as well as have auto settings that make more sense and not so daunting.

No rollback is required, also this is Open Beta, if you don't like things like this, that can come with little to no notice, it's better to stick with the release version.

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:07 pm »
IMHO sticking with the release version will only avoid bugs and delay the pain of any intentional changes.

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 05:19:33 am »
This might help

Workaround for users with broken bindings (images in comments)

ED introduced some "default" bindings for various sticks in the latest update. These profiles show up in your DCS installation directory under <DCS Directory>/Mods/aircraft/<module>/Input/<module>/joystick

Simply delete or move these profiles. I used "Search Everything" by voidtools to search my machine for TWCS .diff.lua, and deleted the profiles that didn't have a hash after them (see imgur album)

https://imgur.com/a/KFf32lZ

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 05:22:12 am »
I swear if I lose all the joystick settings I just did on my F-18 profile I'll lose it  >:(

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 07:49:39 am »
Eventually you will have to rebind - as Rel pointed out.

So you can not upgrade and stay on release, and take the pain later.  Or rebind now to the new system.

Of course, they might do it over and over again.

It's really a crap upgrade system they have in terms of this binding issue.

Keep in mind, I think it only affects you if you have a controller with presets (ie. Warthog users).   I have all CH Products and it doesn't appear to have effected me at all.  *knock on wood*

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:51:51 am »
This might help

Workaround for users with broken bindings (images in comments)

ED introduced some "default" bindings for various sticks in the latest update. These profiles show up in your DCS installation directory under <DCS Directory>/Mods/aircraft/<module>/Input/<module>/joystick

Simply delete or move these profiles. I used "Search Everything" by voidtools to search my machine for TWCS .diff.lua, and deleted the profiles that didn't have a hash after them (see imgur album)

https://imgur.com/a/KFf32lZ

Could be wrong, but I heard this might work now, but every time they update, you might have to do this over and over again.... sucks, but might be best to rebind now and stick with their new system of bindings

Ironic this is all to make it easier in the future . :)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 11:07:48 am »
Though I am ok with this being a Beta and things might not work as well as I would like I am kind of surprised that they went this route without at least first letting folks know, or even better figuring out a way to pull in old key bindings into the new system.

FYI I am not going to be on tonight, I have not updated and I will not have time to fix key bindings.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 12:38:03 pm »
Matte - what stick do you have ?

I have CH Products, and as far as I could tell (just did a quick air start), but bindings weren't affected.

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 01:12:49 pm »
Atte has the TM Warthog HOTAS and uses TARGET.

I am between CH products and TM Warthog HOTAS.

In the past I did use CHManager expensively.  Some time that savedd me drom changes, and sometimes not.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »
Yes, I am on the Warthog and I use TARGET for profiles. 

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft