Author Topic: questions about German ammunition loadouts  (Read 213 times)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
questions about German ammunition loadouts
« on: October 17, 2018, 04:11:49 pm »
When watching a utube video about ammunition loadouts for the German machine guns and cannons,  I've noticed that some of the weapons described and shown in the video do not match those that are available in my IL-2 COD Blitz version.

There are two or three cannons shown in the video that I do not have on my available list and at least one machine gun round.
Any ideas why there is this discrepancy?

Thanks

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: questions about German ammunition loadouts
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 02:50:02 pm »
 >:(Could be Hitler's fault). He would always inspect new WAR WEAPONS. When he was shown the 30 mm Mk 180 cannon ,he ordered it installed on all suitable Luftwaffe aircraft. One year later, when he found it had not been installed,  he had the General he felt was responsible, shot. Also matching "part" production schedules to airplane delivery schedules is tricky, and some guns fit some airplanes and some don't. Possible your missing links were never paired up as "most suitable".

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: questions about German ammunition loadouts
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 06:02:41 pm »
Since my post, I've learned that at the time of the upgrade to Blitz, the weapons loadouts for the German planes were adjusted, so some ammo from the early version of COD was no longer available. Apparently, it was researched and found that the more advanced ammo loads were actually not available in the early part of the war.

Bummer!

"Death from above"