Author Topic: BOX sale again  (Read 254 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
BOX sale again
« on: October 23, 2018, 01:39:04 pm »
Hey guys - BOX sale going on again, so any of you on the fence about getting any of the battle of titles, nows a good time:  https://il2sturmovik.com

From forum:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/40437-autumn-sale-new-payment-system-launched/?tab=comments#comment-682733

S! Rel
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:38:27 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: BOX sale again
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 08:33:23 am »
So a questtuon to all the Box experts to help those who want to try Box on the cheap.  Ehicg package would you recommend and why?

TIA

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift,

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 09:13:34 am »
I would get the BOS and BOM modules as they are the cheapest they will ever be at 66% off (I would go for premium so you also get the two collector planes for each module).

Reasons?  Price!  Plus you get a good core group of aircraft that would allow you to fly most servers;  go here for plane sets:  https://il2sturmovik.com/about/

The first four planes shown in the collector planes section are part of the BOS and BOM premium modules, respectively.

Offline AKA_Thumper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 08:10:43 am »
Thx for the heads-up.
Got Battle of Moscow and Kuban to go along with Stalingrad. Now I can offer up some sweet soft targets in even more aircraft.

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 04:35:26 pm »
I would agree with Rel, get BOS and BOM to start with you can get into either of the AKA hosted servers with either of those and find something to fly in as a primary aircraft of choice. However, Battle of Kuban is also on sale, this is the 1st time I have seen it priced this low since the game came out.

Battle of Bodenplatte is also available but it's still in pre-order it has not been fully released yet.

Only additional advice I would give is to take a good look at all the aircraft that come in each edition. Standard vs Premium, some of the additional "collector" series aircraft IMHO are not worth the additional $$$$ that it is priced at. You can always go back in an purchase only the ones you wish to fly.

One more thing, if your going to plan on flying on the German side, it would be wise to pick up the Ju-52 whenever it's on sale as you will need it to fly a variety of supply or paratrooper missions.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"