Author Topic: Whats shakin  (Read 187 times)

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Whats shakin
« on: November 05, 2018, 03:37:16 pm »
Just buzzin the tower see what ya'll are up too. Been a busy summer, got my boys into martial arts, kick boxing, and a little football although that didn't go over well. Guess they just want to punch and kick people and not really into the games much. They're finally getting to where they don't wear me down to nothing at the end of the day.

I dipped my toe back into the IL2 world, got CLOD blitz installed and fooling around again. Wow what a sim.. I'm impressed. I'll have to order one of those 6dof trackers though, only had my version 1 trackir and a hat that's seen better days. We might have burned a big hole in it one day using a blow torch working on the car.. Ooopsie

My older boy isn't digging it but my younger one thought it was a neat sim too. Might get him going later, been showing him this and that, he's reading some of my flight books so we'll see how it goes. Trying to keep them into outdoor stuff but winter is close, we're getting to primarily basketball and indoor swimming time which is great but variety is nice. Local airport gave them rides but they can't take any lessons to learn to fly until they're a bit older

In my own adventures a week ago had the chance to rent a sig 226 for an hour. Attached was my second target, few others later were even better with nearly no red left in the bullseye! Man what a gun, I can see why so many in special forces dealt with the heavy weight and bulky shape compared to others for so long. It was magical. Mid summer attended a civilian marksmanship program. That was super cool to see those m1 garands and some m14s again in action launching lead. I almost hit a perfect 100 score in prone at 200 yards, shot a 98, then 91 and 92 in rapid prone and sitting, and standing did a poor 71 but I was so happy with my prone score I didn't care! Tried to attend another one later towards start of fall but I had to work that evening so I couldn't do it or else fall asleep on my keyboard

With any luck maybe I'll see ya'll in the skies in the near future as the boys become little more self sufficient and my work schedule loosens up a bit for the holidays. Or maybe you'll see my 7 yr old take to the skies, might want to put him in a hurricane little easier to zip around more forgiving with it's near impossible to stall characteristics.

Take it easy! Blazin

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Whats shakin
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 04:35:32 pm »
Wow, Blazin. Great shooting!!
I carried a Sig P229 .40cal for my duty weapon for years. Great pistol!
Good to hear from you and hope to see you in COD soon.
Some of us fly it regularly on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 1:00 Pacific. Please come join us and we can get you up to speed.
Send me an email to jp.herring@comcast.net so we can discuss how to help you get everything back up to speed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Thumper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 10:36:10 pm »
Blazin, it's been a while. I hope to see you in the skies soon.
Heck, I hope I get more time to fly myself.

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 06:39:50 pm »
Hey thumper! Good to hear from ya. I don't want to fly as much as I used too, which was practically every waking moment of my day back then, but I do enjoy a flight here and there so if I get to do that I'll be very happy. I've enjoyed doing a lot more outside lately, but it is fun to get some stick time in again. Skewer was nice to help me get my hurricane in the air last thursday, it was pretty cool. Forgot to switch on trackir so I just flew for fun and landed a while later with my 7 year old pulling at my arm trying to get me to quit haha

See how it goes, which is more popular? BOS or IL2? I'm guessing BOS due to more interesting landscape on eastern front? Which I totally get, I just happened to have IL2 purchased a while back, I bought BOS as well but can't remember what I did with it so I'll have to buy it again.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 12:11:16 pm »
You won't need to buy it again. Just go to the website, www.il2sturmovik.com and log in. they'll have a record of the purchase there. You can just redownload it.

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 04:27:11 pm »
I had the afternoon off, after doing some work on my car got into a server and had some hurricane fun. Got one, then after an rtb rammed a second LOL

Woops! All the gear ran fine, was fun. Too bad its not like the hyper lobby days with 200+ people online but it was still fun! I'll have to hop in a spit soon and try my hand at some AI controlled 109s. Get a little faster action that way rather than flying for 2 hours online and maybe run into one opponent. Its like I'm replaying the sitzkrieg in those servers. Perhaps I'm just not online at the right time of day :(

S!

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 05:47:43 pm »
Try flying on the TWC Mission server. It's usually pretty busy with AI, if not human pilots.
We'll be flying there on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1:00 Pacific time.
Look for us on TeamSpeak.

Gos
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:12:11 am by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"