Author Topic: NVIDIA stock drop: worst in 10 years, RTX issues rampant Read more: https://www.  (Read 289 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Nvidia stock didn't drop...It went on sale ;D

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
Nvidia stock didn't drop...It went on sale ;D

;D
AKA_SilverDevil

Flaming Cliffs 3, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, A-10C,  P-51D, A-4E-C, AV8B, MIG-19P, F-14D, F-16C

BoS - BoM - BoK - BoB - CoD

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
This was the most satisfying thing I've read all day. Nvidia is one of those shitty corporation companies unfortunately. They will purposely go after a specific high end game developer (lets say Bethesda or 1c for example) then create some proprietary texturing system or rendering process that is native only to Nvidia. Guess what happens? Literally shuts out all the AMD GPU card holders and send everyone at AMD scrambling to find a work around. Nvidia has been doing these kinds of practices for years. All the way back to the original Crysis days.

I understand thats business in a sense, but those kinds of practices are just flat out wrong in my personal opinion. However because I'm very aware of these practices is the very reason why I continue to purchase Nvidia products because I don't want to run into these said issue's with the games I choose to play.

But I must say, man it feels good to see Nvidia hurt especially with this insane demand for GPU's with bitcoin miners (thank God that bubble has finally burst)

This part of the article in particular made me smile more than any other:
"They [Nvidia] made a serious misjudgment about the level of demand for their product (cough cough, Nvidia was relying on bitcoin miners to continue to buy). And for that, Nvidia's in the penalty box for a very long time".

It will be nice to see some price drops. May just look into a 1080Ti in the near future in 2019. I'm so glad the bitcoin mining bubble burst. It was driving prices of PC parts up through the roof to the point where I was seriously considering retiring from PC's all together. This is a victory for the common man at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:45:31 pm by AKA_Dash »
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
To each their own...But my stock portfolio loves NVDA..If you bought in at the right time...And there were many other players during the crypto currency craze.....