Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 92 times)

Online AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is this normal?
« on: November 25, 2018, 12:32:41 pm »
OK, so I own BOS, BOM, and Bodenplatte. The only additional extra plane I have is Yak1b.

I am excited to have Bodenplatte and the P47 and other planes and them added to our server by Scorp, so we can fly the new planes. I flew the Kuban on our AKA Coconut server.

I flew on our AKA Expert server. Kuban map.

NOw (this is really cool, but had no clue it would happen) I have and can fly the Kuban map, on my own and even host it on my own, as I now have our AKA Expert server map and mission on my computer. In other words, it saved the Kuban map and I can edit it. I don't know how to actually make a map, but it saved it on my computer in the mission tracks. The only thing it did not save was the aircraft, in other words I now have the map, but of course I did not get any planes from our server. Of course that isn't the point, I am just saying is it normal to get the map and be able to use it whenever I want from the track files? LIke in DCS where we can fly a mission and take the track, convert the track to a mission (change the trk to miz). But in IL-2 take the track  and open and save as a mission file. I can host it too now, but haven't tried with anyone joining it. I basically got he map without buying it, without the planes though.

Apparently it opens the code, we already have al the maps and planes, but what we buy gets unlocked. So, the map (Kuban) was unlocked when I flew on it. But it is the altered map with the code from Coconut and Scorp. Which is fine. Really cool. Though if I could figure out more I will change a few things.

>:D

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 01:17:27 pm »
If you have any BoX module you have everything on your computer (maps, aircraft even tanks).  You can put any AC on a map you create but you can only fly the ones you own.

AKA_Scorp

Online AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 02:39:12 pm »
If you have any BoX module you have everything on your computer (maps, aircraft even tanks).  You can put any AC on a map you create but you can only fly the ones you own.

I can fly Kuban now using that mission file. I can mod it, edit it. I can host it. But never bought Kuban.

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case