Author Topic: BOS and Warthog  (Read 231 times)

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
BOS and Warthog
« on: December 17, 2018, 06:04:44 pm »
HELP!

BOS doesn't see my Thrustmaster Warthog stick or throttle!

Any ideas?

Agile

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: BOS and Warthog
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 06:23:45 am »
Does windows recognize your Thrustmaster?

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:34:17 am »
Thanks, Mate,

Yes, the system sees it, and both work basically in 1946, although some functions like the trim hat on the stick don't register.

I'm going to uninstall the TARGET stuff and update the drivers and try that first...haven't even gotten to DCS yet for a test there.

S!

Agile

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 10:36:40 am »
I do not have target installed on my PC. Hopefully that's all it is.

Still not sure why your trim hat is not working.

You may need to device in control panel and then find your stick
https://www.howtogeek.com/241421/how-to-calibrate-your-gaming-controller-in-windows-10/

Should be the same if looking for your warthog.

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:43:59 am »
Many mamy questions.
1 Do you use TARGET or run the as native controlers?  If you run target, then both will show up with the same number.

2 Do you have game controlers installed?  This game me headaches!!!  I had borh TM gear and CH gear connected to my computer. The game ALL conters a.d gave them different numbers. Not sure why, but at times BOS would see the combined TM virtual controler as #9,and others times it would be #10.  #8 worked without problems.  #10 would show in the settings page but would not work PERIOD.  Soultion was to dis connect the CH gear, reboot, start TARGET, and then start BOS.  i then reconnectect the CH gear but haven't tried to set rhem up in BOS.  Haven't had a problem sonce

3 Have you changed the usb port associated with either the joy stick or throttle.  The main impact of this is that TARGET won't recognize the stick/throttle.  To fix, you have to do a simpme registery hack o uninstall and reinstall the drivers and software.

Hope some of this helps.

Ckutter

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 10:48:28 am »
I do not have target installed on my PC. Hopefully that's all it is.

Still not sure why your trim hat is not working.

You may need to device in control panel and then find your stick
https://www.howtogeek.com/241421/how-to-calibrate-your-gaming-controller-in-windows-10/

Should be the same if looking for your warthog.

You can also type "joy" in the WIN10 search box and iy should bring up an option to display your game contrllets.   I HATE that I know this geek stuff somply due to the issues I have had.

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 08:20:36 pm »
Thanks, guys,

I uninstalled TARGET for now, and shuffled usb's around; rebooted, got new drivers and eventually got 1946 and BOS to at least see the stick and throttle, as well as windows game controller to calibrate, although not all the buttons, like the trim knob on the stick.

Still a work in progress, and I'm going to try DCS in a bit.

I'll be lookin fer y'all to pick yer brains!!!

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 09:34:21 pm »
I think what you might be doing in 1946 is trying to assign the trim press in the Hotas section. You can assign the trim function at the top on the key bindings page. Look for what I believe will read trim nose down or trim down. Move left/right wing down. Remember unlike ur other stick that had the trim wheels that was seen as an axis movement, you now have a key press that will serve that function. And it's pretty much the same in all the sims.  The only axis bindings that are recognized on the throttle are the dual throttle sticks and the friction slider. I use the slider mainly for prop pitch. Other than that how do you like the new stick?

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 07:44:20 am »
Are you saying that the trim hat switch is not working at all? You see no key presses while in the windows game controllers section.

I know top had an issue with his new Warthog but can't recall what it was.

Regardless, if that hat switch is dead, time to return it defective.