Author Topic: Has flight modeling changed after these last 2 updates?  (Read 185 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Has flight modeling changed after these last 2 updates?
« on: December 21, 2018, 01:43:44 pm »
Just wondering. Got on a few servers last night After the second update. Noticed the flight handling characteristics of the 109F4 seemed somewhat looser, sloppy after this last update.

I fly the F4 varient a lot and I had my stick settings pretty tight and always felt the aircraft was very responsive.

Has anyone else noticed a change?
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Has flight modeling changed after these last 2 updates?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 02:10:15 pm »
Will test later Grey and let you know.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 05:18:35 pm »
Well after the Wed update I had my first death in TAW due to control break up in a dive in my Yak-1 where I couldn't bail out.  I don't recall having both elevators (and whole tail section from Jer's description) break up/off like that in a dive so quickly, after getting the flutter warning.  In the past, if I immediately throttled back and eased my stick back slowly, at worst I would lose one elevator or aileron.  This time both elevators fell off in quick succession, so IMO they have made some changes, so watch your terminal speed! :)

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 09:00:22 pm »
They need to leave shit alone.

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 10:37:23 pm »
Well after some extensive testing with TG, Big Ten, and Mogas. I can say yes, IMHO they did some tinkering with the flight models. In my test flights I found the sensitivities we're higher after the patch in all three flight characteristics. Pitch, Roll and Yaw.

I had to tone down my stick sensitivities and my dead zones a few notches to compensate for the changes.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:06:54 am by AKA_Greywolf »
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"