Author Topic: multi monitors in DCS  (Read 155 times)

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
multi monitors in DCS
« on: January 13, 2019, 10:08:46 am »
So I searched around and tried to do setup for two monitors in DCS. Huge fail. My intention is to have my normal cockpit on one monitor and the two (or three in F18) MFDs on the other. It seems like a good idea to always be able to see the MFDs without having to zoom in the normal cockpit. My resolution is 1910x1080 on both monitors. Anyone have a good LUA I can steal and modify? Thanks as always.
AKA_SilverDevil

DCS - Flaming Cliffs 3 - F-5E - F/A-18C - MiG-15 - F-86F - A-10C - P-51D - A-4E-C - AV8B - MIG-19P - F-14D

IL2 - BoS - BoM - BoK - BoB

Online AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: multi monitors in DCS
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:52:19 pm »
DCS forums has instructions, but I would not mess with it, is usually causes more grief. IMHO

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 01:01:12 pm »
my first try was a mess. thankfully i was able to get it back the original config. my eyes are not that good so having the MFDs blown up to 500x500 is appealing.
AKA_SilverDevil

DCS - Flaming Cliffs 3 - F-5E - F/A-18C - MiG-15 - F-86F - A-10C - P-51D - A-4E-C - AV8B - MIG-19P - F-14D

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 02:43:03 pm »
I Know what you mean Silver. I tried to use dual screen and got severely clobbered for it.

I use pan view with the mouse to help with that. I use track IR but only for  general scanning out the window while flying.  I think I may be even more blind than you.

The mouse pointer is visible but with track ir, there is a motion drift to the display, so zooming in for a click on a switch does not always work out nicely for me. I need time to focus on what I am seeing, a still display makes this possible. You probably do something like this below.

When I need to 'get real' with my eyesight I do the following;
* pause TrackIR,  (a single key or JS button for that)
Usually panning with the mouse is on by default (your key settings may need some configuring as in pan up, down, left, right )

* Using mouse control (thumb joystick) pan to the area to see while zooming in  on it
* turn on mouse pointer (a single key or JS button for that  [force cursor to show on/off] )

* click the cockpit switches and levers

I'm sure its not perfect but it is the best I can do.

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:36:48 am »
hi TG thanks for reply. i have a TM T1600M FCS. the throttle has a paddle that i have bound to zoom in and out.

and i have trackir too. i never do pause it but i may try it. i was able to setup the left and right MFDs statically to the screen but did not go all the way through to the second monitor. i kept catching myself looking at the normal MFDs instead of the overlaid ones. so i just went back to no overlay. waste of a day :D
AKA_SilverDevil

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 10:51:18 am »
Greywolf has good track ir settings (like some kind of over filtering setting that the software will take but is not in the default range presented) The setting keeps the display from moving about once it is on an area of interest; kind of like pausing, only no keystroke is needed; It is in the filter settings.

I have used >>only<<  track ir to zoom in on a area of the cockpit with this filter and it is still enough to be useful, howbeit it does limit the head movement, but it works reasonably well, just not as still as pausing. Its all a matter of personal taste.

You may already have this but If not and if you want to try that one out let me know.