Author Topic: Through the Inferno  (Read 70 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Through the Inferno
« on: February 04, 2019, 08:58:48 pm »
Finally downloaded Through the Inferno (all except the Normandy versions), and played it some (Caucasus) last night.  Great mission!  I didn’t make any configuration changes, and the ground and air target randomness was nice.  Didn’t know what to expect.  The AFAC drones are lazing ground units automatically (don’t need to communicate with them) and have targets identified with red smoke (you can check for targets via F10 menu).  Also, you can call up pairs of fighters on either side or ground units anywhere by adding markers in the F10 map and typing “-create...”, which is cool (even to bring up opposing AI to fight each other :) ).

The mission uses spawn points so it can be played as single or multiplayer.  Might need to copy/paste spawn points for MP, to have more than one slot per plane type.  In any case, I recommend checking it out to have in your mission play list:  https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198221

S! Rel
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:02:57 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Inferno
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 07:37:11 am »
Huum, so they use CTLD/MIST/MOOSE to control the AFAC.  I am trying to d it w/o those.  And yes it is a PAIN to have to do all the communication.

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift,

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Inferno
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:03:10 am »
Huum, so they use CTLD/MIST/MOOSE to control the AFAC.  I am trying to d it w/o those.  And yes it is a PAIN to have to do all the communication.

Yeah I wasn’t sure at first.  I looked for the frequency of the AFAC drones, but didn’t see anything. It said they were lazing and had smoke on target, so I just took an F-5E with 4 LGB’s and pointed toward the smoke on one of the target areas (you can have them listed from the F10 menu) and dropped them from level flight at around 21-23k feet, 3-5 miles away.  The LGBs picked up the laser each time, and upon impact th FAC automatically shifted to the next target and put down smoke.  Pretty easy!