Author Topic: Updated the AKA campaign #2 / mission #2  (Read 276 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Updated the AKA campaign #2 / mission #2
« on: February 17, 2019, 06:25:41 pm »
2/17/2019 - AKA_C2_M2_v10 (mission #2, version 10)
- Further reduced the number of units in each of the moving enemy columns (average around 7 units per now), to hopefully improve performance;  Since these columns are smaller, they will drop off pairs of manpads as they progress for additional protection from attack from the air (warning messages will be displayed).
- Rearranged the enemy artillery across the river to make them easier to spot (with the 2.5 updates there are a lot more trees, which were hiding some)
- Reduced the altitude of the AI Su25 recon aircraft which drop flares on enemy ground units, for better illumination
- Added spawn points for AJS-37, AV8B/NA (hot start due to TPOD point track bug), F/A-18C, and appropriate triggers
- Added KC-135 (boom) and KC-135 MPRS (drogue) tankers for AA refueling
- Added AJTAC Reaper over Zugdidi for lasing enemy units that have crossed the main Abkazia/Georgia road bridge

You can get it here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyku8m92tiepby2/AKA_C2_M2_v10.miz?dl=0

Let me know if you can't access the file.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Updated the AKA campaign #2 / mission #2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:21:56 pm »
Rel

Thanks

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift,

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:21:20 pm »
Curious if anyone has tried this version of campaign mission #2, trying to determine if it’s playing better performance-wise.

Thanks

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 04:12:41 pm »
I am not real happy with the low flying

- Added AJTAC Reaper over Zugdidi for lasing enemy units that have crossed the main Abkazia/Georgia road bridge

as it is always picked up in search and is right where we expect enemy, and takes too much time to eliminate it as a threat...

IMHO

wish it could be moved up higher or other???

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 05:17:32 pm »
Me either Ram - I tried to put it at 8-10k feet, but the mission editor kept resetting it to something like 3797 or some such maximum alt... couldn’t make/save it any higher.

I tried to use a vehicle to use for JTAC, but it only worked ok on Delta town.  At Charlie it’s too flat and full of trees/obstacles so it was kind of worthless, which is why I stuck to an airborn AJTAC.  If it’s a pain I can try one more time to go with ground based JTAC.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:20:49 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 08:15:00 pm »
Me either Ram - I tried to put it at 8-10k feet, but the mission editor kept resetting it to something like 3797 or some such maximum alt... couldn’t make/save it any higher.

I tried to use a vehicle to use for JTAC, but it only worked ok on Delta town.  At Charlie it’s too flat and full of trees/obstacles so it was kind of worthless, which is why I stuck to an airborn AJTAC.  If it’s a pain I can try one more time to go with ground based JTAC.

Actually, the latter comments above dealt more with mission #1, where there were static targets around Delta and Charlie towns.  For mission #2, the only static targets are the artillery (out of LOS/range for the reaper AJTAC), and the air defense units around the bridge (late activation).  Other than that, the only targets for the reaper to lase as AJTAC are moving columns.  Thus, it made more sense to use an airborne AJTAC than a ground unit.

Also, Clutter, I tested the mission, and I was getting a response from the AJTAC - it could have been that when you called it up, none of the enemy units had progresssed closed enough (many are late activations) for the AJTAC to see them.  Still, I found that many times the AJTAC was giving just WP, no mark or laser only... which makes it difficult to determine exactly where the target is (you have to then use the given location to try and pin point it on the F10 map).

I'll try to review some more and adjust if I can find a better useage of the AJTAC.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 10:27:32 pm »
I worked on a slightly revised version with an added armed HMMWV as JTAC. Similar to the AJTAC I was getting a lot of no mark or WP only, but after I kept hitting cannot comply, I got WP and laser...  However, in all cases, when the JTAC was lasing moving columns, the GBU-12 was tracking perfectly but always hit the ground BEHIND the vehicles... So, I'm not sure if it's a limitation of AI JTAC to only lase static targets accurately.

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 10:32:59 am »
When I used the Hummer Armament my JTAC didnt work right.  When I switched it to the TOW variant it worked ok, but yeah those were on static targets.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 11:42:59 am »
When I used the Hummer Armament my JTAC didnt work right.  When I switched it to the TOW variant it worked ok, but yeah those were on static targets.

Yes, I was using the HMMWV TOW before, but wanted to check the one with tha .50 cal., seemed to work.  The main thing as mentioned is the inaccuracy of the AI lasing moving targets :(.  So at best we can use them for marking the moving column with WP smoke.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 03:03:00 pm »
3/2/2019 - AKA_C2_M2_V11 (mission #2, version 11)

- Adjusted the AI recon Su-25's waypoints to drop flares over enemy artillery and other enemy ground units at a slightly faster rate during the early morning night ops.
- Replaced the two AJTAC Reapers with two armed HMMWVs, one near the artillery and one near the bridge.  Only to be used for any enemy static ground units in those areas.  This should reduce air radar contact confusion over the target area.
- Added the Stennis and spawnable F/A-18Cs on the carrier for some limited naval ops.
- Re-chose the tanker aircraft/saved the mission as suggested in the ED forum due to recent tanker updates.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izl6wj70akwnuc0/AKA_C2_M2_v11.miz?dl=0

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 11:41:10 pm »
3/31/2019 - AKA_C2_M2_V12 (mission #2, version 12)

- Added F-14B spawn points at Kolkhi and Stennis
- Added Tarawa and spawnable AV8Bs
- Added a couple (Georgian) Mig-19P spawn points at Kolkhi
- Rearranged the spawn points at Kolkhi to put more used aircraft nearer the runway
- Slightly reduced the speed of the Russian moving columns, due to their not dispersing as much when attacked like before
- Moved the friendly AWACs aircraft slightly east, further away from the front line (and set it to invisible/invincible so enemy AI won't shoot it down :) )
- Updated the wind (may have been dynamic weather?), reducing and changing direction to south east (I think!) so there's wind across the carrier decks
- Added labels to the waypoints for the F/A-18C and AV8B for clearer navigation points

https://www.dropbox.com/s/symnevrg2ffb652/AKA_C2_M2_v12.miz?dl=0

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 12:01:20 pm »
Needed to update the triggers for the newly added spawnable aircraft, so the latest mission file was refreshed - please re-download if you grabbed it before today.
S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 09:58:34 pm »
4/7/2019 - AKA_C2_M2_V13 (mission #2, version 13)

- Adjusted the tankers so their flight path is a little farther back from the friendly FARP;  Hopefully aircraft doing AAR won't be shot at by enemy SAMs in moving columns that have passed Zugdidi.
- Removed the static AV8Bs from the Tarawa to hopefully avoid the "delayed" spawning message.
- Changed AV8Bs at Kolkhi to ramp start
- Adjusted the spawn timing of a Russian sweep flight (much earlier) if triggered
- Added Russian Sukhumi-defence reinforcement fighters if first flight is destroyed
- Added more smoke to identify enemy units that crossed the main river bridge a little earlier
- Attempted to add some light-moderate clouds, but they don't seem to persist for very long.. more trial and error needed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nb9rtpml22kazh/AKA_C2_M2_v13.miz?dl=0

S! Rel