Author Topic: Improvment but not a game changer  (Read 104 times)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Improvment but not a game changer
« on: March 02, 2019, 06:44:14 am »
The new IFF and Data link are a SA improvement for the F-18 but not a game changer.  I flew it a bit last night offline and online.  There is a pretty significant bug where ghost planes stay on the SA page giving a cluttered view.  Also as Wags mentioned you can have the SA page up on a DDI but it works better on the AMPCD: when I had the the SA page on the right DDI I frequently turned my radar off as the selected sensor because right on the sensor select switch on my favorite set up (radar on left DDI EW/RWR on the right DDI) locks a target while with the SA page on the right; I dont lock a target I inadvertently choose the SA page as the primary sensor.   With the SA page on the AMPCD it draws your attention down into the cockpit and not out of the canopy, when flying the F18 pilots are going to have to be disciplined and not spend too much time looking at the AMPCD.  Lastly the IFF info is not displayed on the Radar screen like all the other aircraft, which is honestly more of a problem than it sounds.  I am sure the correct model with have targets IFFed on the Radar display, but until then if you put the SA page on the AMPCD and are IFF from there just glace at it.

MattE
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:46:42 am by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Improvment but not a game changer
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 06:59:15 am »
those with external MFD's might benefits a bunch with the layout and display....

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case