Author Topic: Next Campaign  (Read 813 times)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Next Campaign
« on: March 08, 2019, 01:04:28 pm »
Hi Guys,

Back home in the frozen North,  I thought it was chilly in Southern California this year but it's much worse here.

So as we start thinking about the next campaign the first thing we need to put together is the plane set.  Once we have a possible plane set I can put it on the Expert server and we can start testing it.

There are not a lot of ways to limit how many of each AC are available but I think we can make certain models premium or "best plane" as Coconut calls them.  This might limit how many of the best AC are around.

In the mean time I have upgraded the campaign software to the latest version, it was last changed mid February so it looks as if the revisions on it are slowing down.  There may be one soon to fix any changes in the latest BoX patch.  I have also updated the stats software so that should be back online.

http://aka-server.no-ip.org:8081/en/

http://aka-server.no-ip.org:8082/en/

http://aka-server.no-ip.org:8084/en/

You can see who is on the servers here:

http://aka-server.no-ip.org:8083/status

So if we can have some suggestions I can make a start on making t he file and getting it on the server.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:11:19 pm by AKA_Scorp »
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Next Campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:29:49 pm »
Welcome back Scorp.  Thanks for applying the updates.  The plane set is still limited with big gaps in the sub-variants for many  of the Allied planes.  There are quite a few 109 variants and 190 variants, which of course were the most numerous German fighter types.

IMO, where there is a gap in performance due to a gap in available sub-variants for a given blue vs red aircraft match up, this where limiting the numbers of some of the “best aircraft” would be most appropriate.

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:51:15 pm »
Welcome Back Scorp,

My 2 cents on the plane sets are this. Not everyone has all the BoX versions. So when you stick a map up such as Kuban with only the Kuban a/c it's going to cause problems. We need to have a way add the older planesets. Since I am more accustomed to the German side, may I suggest that If your going to put in a G version of the 109, you still need to keep the F varients. With the 110's some guys have only the E2, while others have the G2 version.

Since this is going to a practice campaign with most guys flying on the same side, I would think we would want to make sure that everyone can get up in an aircraft on either side.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:14:58 pm »
Good points Grey - so it would probably be best if we can ensure that on both sides there is at least one fighter and bomber/ground attack aircraft from each BoX title, if possible (BoM, BoS, BoK, BoBp), depending on the year we are attempting to depict for the given campaign.   Obviously, for the early years, you probably wouldn't have any BoBp or BoK aircraft, but would have BoM and BoS aircraft, etc.

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 07:43:21 am »
Currently the Battle of x series are on sale.  Stalingrad and Moscow are $17 for the standard version, Kuban is $34.  If someone doesn't have them, now would be a great time to pick them up.

I have a Standard version of both Stalingrad and Moscow to give as gifts if anyone would like them.

o7

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 10:00:40 am »
How about someone form a committee and come up with a plane set.  Once the plane set is decided on I will put it on the server.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 12:33:36 pm »
OK.  That works.
I'll take a spot, anybody wish to join the board?
I think five would be good for voting purposes.
Thoughts?

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 03:45:11 pm »
I don't have all the sets and planes,, so wouldn't be much good not knowing it all...

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 05:29:25 pm »
Do we have some sort of a group working on a planeset for our BOS squad campaign?

We really need to get some of these older aircraft into our current map. Merc tried to join us last Friday and his plane choice options were really limited on our current map set. He only has Stalingrad and Moscow, no Kuban, No Bodenplatte. I think on the current German side he could only fly the Stuka. His plane choices on the Russian side we just as bad.

We need to get a fix for this. Having a guy in the squad NOT able to fly is just unacceptable IMHO.

Get a few older birds from Each of the Mapsets into our Both sides Inventories please.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 06:34:18 pm »
Salute Gents,
To answer that yes we do. It consists of myself and two other fine outstanding gents!
We will have something by the end of the week and I have also looked at inclusiveness with regards to plane types.
Keep calm and carry on! ;)
The old man is working on it!

Cheers

Tai

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 07:53:43 pm »
Do we have some sort of a group working on a planeset for our BOS squad campaign?

We really need to get some of these older aircraft into our current map. Merc tried to join us last Friday and his plane choice options were really limited on our current map set. He only has Stalingrad and Moscow, no Kuban, No Bodenplatte. I think on the current German side he could only fly the Stuka. His plane choices on the Russian side we just as bad.

We need to get a fix for this. Having a guy in the squad NOT able to fly is just unacceptable IMHO.

Get a few older birds from Each of the Mapsets into our Both sides Inventories please.

Nice points, Grey. You should step up and join in the planning group so your input can best be put to use.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 08:22:31 pm »
Who is already in the planning group? When do they meet to discuss this issue. Have they already met?

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 02:18:53 am »
Salute Gents,
Relent and Wiley kindly offered to assist.
I had asked for lads to join the committee on another post a week ago.
We will meet at 22:00 tonight and you are welcome to join us Grey.

Cheers

Tai

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 05:08:58 am »
What are your plans to PW protect the server during our campaigns?

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 06:35:34 am »
Salute,
The AKA campaign will be password protected and will run on a fixed schedule.
The practice servers will remain open unless we have issues.
I will be on line tonight at about 21.30 EST .if anyone has any questions.

Cheers

Tai