Author Topic: Downloading....  (Read 102 times)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Downloading....
« on: March 13, 2019, 05:23:12 pm »
Que the Kenny Loggins..

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Downloading....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:23:54 pm »
Hehe yep, took her for a spin - definitely have to get used to the flight characteristics, and I'm still trying to get comfortable with the combat situations, different modes...  also tried AAR, was tough to slow that bird down for refueling, she wants to go.  Also, Jester's pretty funny - use the force Luke!  LOL when I missed the bucket a few times.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 06:09:10 am »
Yes she is definitely a handful, the best way to describe it in my book is analog.   No FBW system to keep you from doing stupid $hit, which is fun.  I ran some of the instant action missions on the Nevada Map for dog-fighting and against the Mig 21 and 23 she is pretty competent.  I have the WVR modes sorted, and they are not bad, but the AIM 9 is a pain in the butt to lock, even with the Radar locking the target.  Not sure if I am doing it wrong or if there is a trick..

Trapped on my second attempt at a case one (just went for it to try), but I think there was a fair bit of luck involved.

I am getting the impression that I am going to have to sit in the RIO position for a bit to really understand the Radar.  The Jester communication system with the Tracker IR is cool, but in a air to air battle shortcuts or voice attack are going to be the only way to really go as the menu system is too slow in a fight.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 12:54:52 pm »
my first test with AIM-54 was a successful kill of a Huey from 47 miles. $400k missile killing a $4.5 million chopper  O0
AKA_SilverDevil

DCS - Flaming Cliffs 3 - F-5E - F/A-18C - MiG-15 - F-86F - A-10C - P-51D - A-4E-C - AV8B - MIG-19P - F-14D

IL2 - BoS - BoM - BoK - BoB