Author Topic: First online Tomcat kills  (Read 66 times)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
First online Tomcat kills
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:22:58 am »
So I got my first online kills with the Tomcat last night.  I was flying on the BF Persian Gulf Map, flying the Tomcat against F-18’s and F-15’s and I downed 3 F-18’s all with the AIM-54.  I felt kind of guilty, since Jester is doing a lot of the work, just point the Tomcat at the enemy and wait for Jester to designate the target and let the Phoenix go.  I would say that I didn’t guide any of the shots for more than 10 seconds then broke away and let the Phoenix do its thing.   Unfortunately with how buggy the game is I have not been able to run my track and pull a Tacview to see if the Phoenix did a good job of running down these guys or if they didn’t maneuver.  One guy I am pretty sure was being defensive as it seem to take over a minute to hit him.

I also had a lot of Aim 120B’s shot at me and the Tomcats Speed was really apparent as I was able to reverse and burn away from the missiles each time (they were fired at range)

With this said, I think where the Tomcat will really shine is with a human RIO, Jester is slow on the callouts and with the stick partially blocking the view of the radar/tactical display up front having a Human work the RIO position I think will be significant improvement in lethality for the Tomcat.

All in all not bad, but I do have some reservations about the Tomcats Radar, something I will post in another thread.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: First online Tomcat kills
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 12:29:46 pm »
Lol, won't be long before the AIM-54 is pulled from online servers.