Author Topic: Found a clip of Blasto getting shot down ..lol  (Read 988 times)

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
Found a clip of Blasto getting shot down ..lol
« on: February 11, 2014, 10:16:17 am »
funny what you find on the internet  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwAmf-drJU
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:54:26 am by AKA_Sully »
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Found a clip of Blasto getting shot down ..lol
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:56:17 pm »
That was a lucky shot, he just pulled lead and pulled the trigger, no real aiming.

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:05:57 am »
I want cannon .......it's my understanding they had them in late 40'

n June 1939, a single Spitfire was fitted with a single drum-fed Hispano in each wing, an installation that required large blisters on the wing to cover the 60-round drum. The cannon suffered frequent stoppages, mostly because the guns were mounted on their sides to fit as much of the magazine as possible within the wing. In January 1940, P/O George Proudman flew this prototype in combat, but the starboard gun stopped after firing a single round, while the port gun fired 30 rounds before seizing.[95] If one cannon seized, the recoil of the other threw the aircraft off aim. Nevertheless, 30 more cannon-armed Spitfires were ordered for operational trials, and they were soon known as the Mk IB, to distinguish them from the Browning-armed Mk IA, and were delivered to No. 19 Squadron beginning in June 1940. The Hispanos were found to be so unreliable that the squadron requested an exchange of its aircraft with the older Browning-armed aircraft of an operational training unit. By August, Supermarine had perfected a more reliable installation with an improved feed mechanism and four .303s in the outer wing panels. The modified fighters were then delivered to 19 Squadron.
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 05:06:43 am »
The killers thoughts

"I also find that I get most of my plane mutilating kills when my opponent is executing a high g maneuver. It mostly happens when I bounce some poor soul, they yank the stick to try and avoid the incoming fire, and boom, a cannon shell hits and sometimes, if the shell lands in the right place, a wing comes off. Here is a clip I recorded a month or so ago with the enemy doing a high g evasive turn."

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 07:18:32 am »
I think that is spot on, CLoD knows that you are pulling G's and any damage the air frame while doing that will cause catastrophic failure, what it does not do is account for a weaken air frame after it has been hit.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 08:38:16 am »
S!~
 That wasnt me- it was my grandmother trying out Cliffs for the first time- she's a real 'corker.....lol
I should have started Steam under her call-sign  ; AKA_Granny-o     ;D
 Thanks Sully- I feel a little like Octo-mom - a fake celebrity for 2 min...good times...if short-lived.

Blasto  aka Granny-o

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:41:02 pm »
Granny-O
ROFLMAO!!!!

You slay me, Blasto!!