Author Topic: Server Overload  (Read 123 times)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Server Overload
« on: April 12, 2019, 08:56:28 pm »
Looks like the server is having problems with this campaign. I'll reset it with the Stalingrad map and try it.  It is one of the maps I pared down and should run better. I'll put the same campaign on the expert server to give me an idea as to how it runs.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Server Overload
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:45:18 am »
Is there anything I can do on this end, like any upgrades or such?
My Xfinity modem has the following speeds: 560 download/41.6 upload measured through Xfinity.
Using a standard test on the Internet, they show speeds of 60.1 megabits/sec download and 40.9 megabits/sec upload.
No idea why they are different.
You can check the CPUZ program on the server system for all server system information.
I'm maxed out on how much RAM the motherboard will hold.
The MB and CPU are several years old now though.
Let me know what you think.

Gos
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:03:46 am by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 12:06:19 pm »
Thanks Scorp - I noticed last night when I was engaging the P39 that it was rubber banding (forward/back/forward) a little, so I could tell the sim was having difficulty keeping the clients in synch with the server.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 01:35:59 pm »
I'm no expert but when I looked at the server on Friday evening the CPU did not look like it was overloaded so I'm not sure what the problem is.  I'd hold off while I tinker with the Dserver settings and see how things go.
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 02:13:13 pm »
OK, thanks

"Death from above"

Offline Turbine-Blade

• I'm just a shadow in the shade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 06:28:53 pm »
Goshawk & Scorp

Regarding the "MP Server Overload" ..

Just wondering if you've seen this thread...?  ( there are multiple ideas in here)
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/41401-multiplayer-server-overload/

I ran into this once while trying to update a mission on our Server ( Removed/Added content over the top of an item that was already in place...)

ON THE MISSION I wanted to change I deleted the item AND added the item I changed in one step.

That's when I had the MP server overload problem.  I went back to the original ( saved) mission and started over.

I carefully deleted the object in question, then saved it correctly....  then added the correction I wanted... saved it again & it's worked ever since.
 I'm not sure if this might be the AKA  EXPERT's server problem, but I've been very careful about Mission Editing (ME) ever since.

.. took me quite a while to find that above IL2 Thread, but I read it and probably fixed my MPSOL issue.

Hope it helps

Turbine-Blade
[size 6]Win10,64 bit // i7 8700K, 3.7ghz +
// ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E //32GB DDR4 //GTX 1080ti // 2x500GB SSD //1 TB HD //Hotas Warthog // Custom 3D Printed Collective //MFG Crosswind's // 2 CH Throttle Quadrants [/size]

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 09:51:04 am »
Thanks Turbine-Blade,

While this might have something to do with the problem I think it is either the number of people on the server or AI that spawn in as the mission progresses.  From watching the server it always starts well and then slows down as the mission progresses.  That said the server seems to be behaving well since the weekend.

One point is that we do not make missions.  The campaign is generated from a template mission by Coconuts Campaign Software.  The modification we have made so far are to remove static objects, mostly bridges and residential buildings, from the template mission to reduce the size of the files and number of objects that have to be kept track of.  The campaign that was having problems was one of Coconuts that had not been modified.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:32:40 am »
Thanks for the input Turbine Blade. Glad you're here!

Gos

"Death from above"