Author Topic: TAW starting Sunday, 5/12  (Read 353 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
TAW starting Sunday, 5/12
« on: May 10, 2019, 07:52:58 pm »
Are we going Russian again?  Seems German registration is always way higher.

Change log:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/?do=findComment&comment=768580

Change log:
Improved AA in the depots and airfields. After many tests we have impression that devs have changed AA some time ago and now it’s not as effective as before. I’m going to report bug about AA because spawned AA (used in TAW) behaves different that normal AA.
New durability for buildings and vehicles provided by developers. But after tests we think there are bugs because you can still destroy hangar with 50kg bomb. I’m going to report this as well.
To reduce number of “suicidal” sorties there are 3 lives for each map (there are 8 maps in total during the campaign). If pilot dies, captured or disco his live counter is reduced by:
1 when he is in bigger team
X when he is in smaller team where X = #smaller_team/#bigger_team. Example: Axis players: 28, Allied players: 20 so X for Allied is 20/28 = 0.71.
             Every time “Lives on map” counter (shown in pilots hangar) <= 0 then pilot has 24 hours time penalty. After this penalty counter is increased by 1 so he may fly again.
Improved “balancer” algorithm. Number of pilots on one side depends on number of pilots on the other side. In general the ratio shouldn’t be bigger than 40%. Example: one team has 20 players so the other may have 20*140% = 28.  For small number of players (below 10) the limit for other side is about 10.  Max number of players for each side is 45 as before.
Queue system: after spawning on the airfield pilot is moved to:
Active list if there are free slots for that side (no over limit message). Pilot is clear to take off.
Waiting queue if there aren’t any free slots (over limit message). Pilot is not clear to take off and have to wait. He gets his position in the queue on the chat and must return to the briefing. As soon as there is free slot on that side pilot is automatically moved to the Active list and he is clear to take off (message on the chat). You can check your actual position in the queue by spawning on the airfield again.

If Active list is full and there are waiting pilots in the queue then pilots with sortie different than ‘Landed’ or ‘On the ground’ are moved to Waiting queue on the last position creating free slot for others in Active list. This should make faster rotation between Active and Waiting players.

Note: number of players on the web site includes all players on the server also spectators and waiting pilots.

There is also additional queue for donators who have donated TAW server. This queue has bigger priority over Waiting queue so donator will wait much shorter to be clear to take off is team is full. Thank you for all donates! Without them there would be no TAW at all.

There is also additional queue for admins with highest priority.
Axis may capture max 2 cities by paratroopers per map.
If your aircraft is damaged more than 30% then after landing it’s not available in the current and next mission.
If server is full and there is big difference between players spectators or waiting pilots on the last position is kicked to enable joining pilot from the smaller team.
New front-line algorithm with about 2km error. The previous one in some cases could have even 20km error.
Bailing out or crashing near enemy depot or airfield equals captured sortie. On the other hand the further you bailout/crash from the enemy positions the lower is probability of being captured.
Spanish translation thanks to E69_Qpassa . Remember to register on taw-server.de/spa to see briefing and messages in Spanish during the game.
Improved clouds. Lower base level during overcast, slightly more two layers clouds (work in progress)

Registration is open.

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: TAW starting Sunday, 5/12
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 08:01:25 pm »
Yeah ill be Russian again there always under manned on my time zone.

S!J

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 11:03:05 am »
Ok, sounds good Jer, I see others have registered Russian sobill donth same, and create the squadron stats/link.

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 08:05:16 pm »
OK, finally got signed up for TAW. Wiley talked me into it and he flew my wing as I flew my first initial TAW sortie flying an A-20 on the Russian side. Made in and out of the target area, but the mission ended before we made it back to our home base. Still it was fun, but checked on the TAW site and someone hasn't added me to the AKA squad????????

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 03:30:00 pm »
Hey if you can get in be happy Grey :)
Who cares about stats anyway ;)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 04:30:01 pm »
We got to get you in. Had a blast flying with Wiley again. Still hate the Russian POS aircraft, but flew the A-20.

Think Rel the TAW C.O. needs to add me officially to the TAW participants from the AKA squad.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 06:31:42 pm »
I think I can get in now
AKA_TG- or something like that

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 03:06:49 pm »
Not able to register as the page does not open.

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 06:20:19 pm »
We got to get you in. Had a blast flying with Wiley again. Still hate the Russian POS aircraft, but flew the A-20.

Think Rel the TAW C.O. needs to add me officially to the TAW participants from the AKA squad.

Good to see another flying TAW.  I added you to the AKA:

http://taw.stg2.de/squad_stats.php?name=AKA%20Wardogs

It's just for showing the squadron stats, nothing else.

You can also see those with the "AKA_" tag by using the following URL (not linked to a squadron per se):

http://taw.stg2.de/stats.php?search_name=aka%5C%5C_

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 01:23:52 pm »
Haven't tried TAW since I first signed up.  At that time bother AKA_Clutter and NJG88_Clutter were assigned to the Axis sid.

NO ONE COULD TELL OR COULD TAKE the time to tell me how to shift sides.

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 01:29:57 pm »
Wow, all caps even!  :). Sorry Clutter, I must have missed that, I didn’t know you were having problems with that.

Since you can have only one handle on the master IL2 server, you would need to sign up/register on TAW with that one.  Then log into the IL2 master server (I.e IL2 website), change your handle to your alter ego, then register for the other side on the TAW site with this altered handle.

Then before joining the TAW multiplayer server, make sure your current IL2 handle matches the side you wish to fly on.

Of course, this round of TAW is over, so you’ll have to wait until the next round.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 08:40:03 pm »
Also with every new TAW campaign all the registration info is deleted.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 02:55:53 pm »
Also with every new TAW campaign all the registration info is deleted.

That may do the trick.  I tried the other things before but it had both names associated with the axis side.

Also, let be clear, the all caps was meant for the TAW forum/thread, and nogir anyone here. 

EVERY AKA MEMBER HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL!!!!!!

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals