Author Topic: Appleseed KD and Dogs!  (Read 110 times)

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Appleseed KD and Dogs!
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:43:08 am »
Hey guys, swingin by see whats shakin. I still never seem to get any uninterupted time at the computer for games but that's ok! I got the family a dog. As I was thinking what kind would fit in with the SUPER LOUD boys and their occasional fights I was thinking a lab, or german shepard, but when I had one over allergies killed the fun. So short haired.. hmmmm  PIT BULL! haha

Got a rescue pitty from Cleveland Ohio. She's 8 years old and she is about 65 pounds. When my younger son gets on her nerves she climbs up on him and licks his face till he laughs and stops whatever he's doing. Only issue with her is typical pitbull stuff, they don't like other dogs. I've been working from home last few years so I get to take her out at lunch almost every day and we just drive to a park, if no one is there run around a bit, if there is we go to the local air port. She likes seeing the planes take off and land LOL

Last winter I got to attend a "known distance" appleseed shoot where you post targets 100,200,300,400 yards then it's the same routine as simulated distance shoot. 10 rnds each stage with mag change: 100 standing 2 min, 200 transition standing to sitting 55 second limit, 300 transition standing to prone 65 second limit, and 400 yards prone 5 min and it's scored. I managed 222 out of 250!

I should've grabbed some pics, but instead I just got some of my sighters and a shot looking back towards the firing line. 400 yards is pretty dang far. It was a great time. Kept 5 of 6 shots inside of 1moa from a prone unsupported position. I was super happy

Fun times! Now back to wooooork

haha

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Appleseed KD and Dogs!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 07:11:05 am »
Nice shooting and nice looking dog!

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 01:22:50 pm »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 01:24:24 pm »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 01:43:01 pm »
Nice looking doggy! The blue coat is great! I got a red one but I think I'll need to find something else before next winter. I had a lot of trouble with it coming off

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 01:59:16 pm »
Hey Blazin - good to hear from you.  Nice shooting (wow, that's a long ways away!)

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 12:19:08 pm »
I've tried to put in some flying time but either I'm getting interrupted by the kids or wife, or I'm up flying late at night and man, I miss sleep more than I do getting some stick time! haha

Some of the guys I work with enjoy DCS and they use the new oculus vr gear. Sounds like they work very well even if you need glasses. I have always had some eye issues so that laser vision treatment to fix your eyes isn't an option so that's good news to hear the unit is glasses friendly. One day the boys will be more independent, for now though I'll play soldier and run the dog.

Had a state trooper out that day with me, holy cow could he run his equipment! Shot nearly a perfect score. It was a lot of fun, learned some good stuff about the first congress, formation of the federal government and uniting the colonies into states that day along with the rifle practice. Its a fun experience, I know they run them even in California and the cost is very low. I think the standard 2 day course is 60 bucks and that's a simulated distance 25 yard targets with a .22 and they go over the history of Paul Revere's ride (which history says he made it, he actually didn't the british caught him a doctor he met along the way took the message the rest of the way to Concorde).

Its cool, I'm a fan of the program

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 08:02:11 am »
Hi Blazin,

A few of us (Tai, Big10, Mogas, and myself) have VRsetpus.  Tai and I have the Oculs Rift while Big10 and Mogas have the Odessy+.

Although it has it pros and cons I think we all like it.

Personally I only fly in VR now.  DCS helicopters are a blast.  Battle of Stalingrad looks better over all. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift,