IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 > IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Need some help guys with IL2 1946

(1/2) > >>

AKA_Greywolf:
Ok, guys here is my problem. Just transitioned over to a new computer. My flight sims are pretty much set in stone. I fly IL2 BoX series, IL2 1946, and DCS as my main goto military flight sims.

IL2 BoX and DCS transitioned over with no major problem and they seem to be running fine.

IL2 1946 is a whole different story. I cannot get it to find or locate my Joystick. Windows detects my stick just fine, otherwise the other two sims would not be working. I have heard that other people have reported problems with IL2 1946 not detecting some of the newer HOTAS systems. I am using the Thrustmaster Warthog.

Anybody have any idea of how to reset the stick and device settings without me reinstalling IL2 1946 completely?

AKA_Ramstein:
there are some files in the users folders, you delete them and they rebuild themselves when you run the game., should be fixed... just rename the users folder, and copy it to a safe location. Then delete, and run.

AKA_Scorp:

--- Quote from: AKA_Ramstein on June 13, 2019, 03:39:31 pm ---there are some files in the users folders, you delete them and they rebuild themselves when you run the game., should be fixed... just rename the users folder, and copy it to a safe location. Then delete, and run.

--- End quote ---

Isn't that CoD?

AKA_Taipan:
Hi Grey,
It may be your config.ini file is corrupted or requires resetting because of the new pc.
Rename the file to ConfigOLD.ini, then start the game.  That file will be re created.
Try to see if it picks up the sticks.  It should.  I have the same one and don't have any issues.
You will need to adjust your config settings to the desired level i.e. the resolution etc. and you will need to input your key commands. You can use the old file as a guide.
If you need help, I can assist you with that.

Cheers

Tai

AKA_Greywolf:
Thanks all for the advice. It was my config.ini file. TG was kind to share his since our graphics cards are similar and all is back with 1946 game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version