Author Topic: A4E-C US Navy Scooter  (Read 84 times)

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
A4E-C US Navy Scooter
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:54:30 pm »

New version 1.31 available now. I think it is needed with the new DCS mod. Its pretty easy to install and can be disabled in the game to maintain 'purity' for joining other servers.

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/download/v1.3.1/Community.A-4E-C-v1.3.1.zip

PS: I love this aircraft, I don't really care that much that it is not a pure simulation.  It is not that obvious and it is also a lot of fun to fly and fight with!

This is as close as one can get to simulating he vietnam era in DCS. I am personally surprised that there are not more pple among us who would enjoy flying this aircraft.

With shrikes and a center gun pod this scooter rocks! It is better that the F5.

Online AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: A4E-C US Navy Scooter
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 04:32:16 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on the update to this Mod.

I will grab it next time I am online.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 01:15:35 pm »
Got it. Now to remember what to do with it.  My problem is I have TOO many planes AND I insist on making a TM TARGET profile.  a royal PIA

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 05:49:54 pm »
Turn off the A-4E-C mod in the game if it is on. (Modules)
Make sure any older copy is deleted first.
'Saved Games\DCS.Openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C'

Look for the 'A-4E-C' folder in the zip

Put the folder into

'Saved Games\DCS.Openbeta\Mods\Aircraft..'

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 05:30:41 am »
though not online, i do have and play this mod occasionally. i agree cold war enthusiasts should add this. though, like Clutter said, another plane to try to master is quite difficult, especially for me, with limited time. heck i cannot even get online to play with the squad being they fly west coast time. my brain is well done by then.
AKA_SilverDevil

DCS - Flaming Cliffs 3 - F-5E - F/A-18C - MiG-15 - F-86F - A-10C - P-51D - A-4E-C - AV8B - MIG-19P - F-14D

IL2 - BoS - BoM - BoK - BoB

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 06:49:55 am »
The nice thing about this A4E Scooter is that only about 7 things need to be learned and that is all there is a need to know to have fun with this great mod.
The rest of it is in managing those things (this part is easy once set up). Earlier jet aircraft had just switches and limited functions anyway,so learning it is easy.

If anyone wants to give the Scooter a go give me a holler. I have a good mission for the Scooter to practice in. lets go ahead and do a 20 min session on the ground and in the air.

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 01:57:15 pm »

I think this link works for downloading latest A4-E for DCS

Somewhere in the zip is a nice user guide, all good for spending a few hours off line.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/c1hsuz/community_a4ec_release_v131_now_available/

Here s another one
https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v1.3.1
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 02:05:52 pm by AKA_TG »