Author Topic: Fa-18 Hornet up to date user manual??  (Read 46 times)

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Fa-18 Hornet up to date user manual??
« on: July 07, 2019, 07:29:20 am »

Why is this aircraft so impossibly out of date regarding use of its sensors and systems??
I don't understand this world today.
How does a product, as complex and as high quality as this Fa-18 simulation, go into commercial offering, without any documentation or a user manual from the developers?
These utubes, good as they are, lack in updates and they are all over the place!

Newer features become available for download and yet without a pdf or even a utube for that matter to explain the new stuff? I don't get it.

Obviously, I am missing something important. Please indulge me if you know anything concrete!

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Fa-18 Hornet up to date user manual??
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 08:55:42 am »
The date stamp on the Early access guide in my docs folder is from Feb of this year so yeah it has been like 6 months since they've updated it.  Since then the JDAMs and JSOW have been implemented.  My only guess is that they won't put anything in to the manual until they are 100% sure that feature is in a finished state?  I don't know. 

Yes, right now YouTube is your best source for most things.  That is where I learned how to do JDAM and JSOW employment.  (Though I am still working on multiple weapon drops on a single pass with those). 

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 07:01:03 pm »
There is a lot of good information on YouTUbe

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:39:25 pm »
 The problem with some of the info on you tube, is even that information may be dated. Running across issues with the HARM TOO mode. Before this last update it was working fine. My hit rate wasn't that great, but at least I could fire my missles. Since this last patch my Harms only fire in self protect mode. So the info on you tube for TOO mode is outdated now. Don't even get me started on the air to air mode, this last patch played with that too
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 06:29:18 am »
On the Too thing..

The missing info is how to lock the selected radar site in the display. If its locked then it should be possible to fire the missile.
I know I can scroll through the radar sites on the Harm Display in 'Too' mode, but firing them requires something else.

Any one know what that something else is?
Is it the uncage command?

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 05:24:47 pm »
Yes you do have to uncage.  I will test it tonight to be sure nothing has changed but I'm betting that is your missing step.