Author Topic: Thread: Team Fusion Update March 7, 2014 Draft 4.2 Read_Me  (Read 1408 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thread: Team Fusion Update March 7, 2014 Draft 4.2 Read_Me
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9067&p=99407#post99407
=========

warning ! sarcasm..
IMHO, they really should just get it over with and add jet rockets to the German planes!   ???

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Thread: Team Fusion Update March 7, 2014 Draft 4.2 Read_Me
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 06:08:15 pm »
iam with Ram on this one , How many supposedly Historical updates up dates can they create so that German aircraft will become so untouchable it will be stupid to fly anything else.

>:(   J

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:29:27 pm »
I guess I am missing the part in the read me you guys are referring too?

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 05:33:35 am »
) AEROFOIL CHANGES

All the aircraft types, but in particular the Fighters, have had the Polar values in their .fmd files examined and compared to charts of the historical aerofoil types. There have been a number of changes, which although they do not change the basic maneuver characteristics of the aircraft, do add subtle changes which will clearly affect the way the virtual aircraft respond and game play.

For example, while both Spitfires and Hurricanes will still outturn 109's in sustained turn contests, a 109 with an advantage in energy will be able to turn with either for a brief period. The revised aerofoil of the 109's is more stable at higher Angles of Attack, allowing the pilot to sacrifice speed for turn performance for a brief moment.
 ( like they don't do that at the moment the spits only defence is use of the  109s high speed closure against it, now the109  will be able to break with you just to give the 109 the extra time it needs for that fatal shot )

However, any attempt to maintain the turn angle will very quickly lead to a loss of speed and energy with the Spitfire and Hurricane then rapidly reversing the advantage.

There are no changes in sustained turn times at lower altitudes... in such a contest, the Spitfire and Hurricane have a good deal of an advantage. However, at higher altitudes, in contests between the Spitfire and 109, the higher lift aerofoil of the 109 will begin to reduce the advantage of the Spitfire. There is still an overall better turnrate for the British aircraft, but it is less noticeable the higher the altitude range. This is less the case with the Hurricane, although the Hurricane's comparative powerloading disadvantage at higher altitudes means that although its aerofoil performs better, it is less able to sustain turns.

Players will also notice the Spitfire responds best when its pilot uses a slightly higher speed when turning than was optimal in earlier TF versions. The Spitfire's aerofoil was relatively low lift when compared to the 109, but the wing did have the advantage of low drag, and combined with the aircraft's very low wingloading, this gave the Spitfire its very good turnrate. But this was best achieved with the wing at a lower Angle of Attack, (ie. higher speed) than the Hurricane or 109. The Spitfire still has a good warning 'buffet' to indicate its wing is approaching stall.

Conversely to the Spitfire, players will notice the Hurricane with its new aerofoil characteristics, is better able to sustain higher Angle of Attack turns, is able to pull more steeply into its turns, and that it now has a slightly better maximum sustained turnrate than the Spitfire. However, it does have a sharper stall onset, and pilots who pull a little too strongly will find the aircraft can respond abruptly.

The Fiat G-50 has also had its aerofoil revised. Players will notice the aircraft can be pulled into very tight turn angles, although its low power to weight ratio will not allow it to sustain those angles for long periods. The Fiat can be a handful when pulled into a sharp turn from high speeds, although with practice it can turn very tightly. A G-50 with an energy advantage will quite handily outturn a Spitfire or Hurricane, although it will not sustain turn with them. The G-50 can also display a nasty stall when pushed too far.

The 110 also has had aerofoil changes to bring it in line with the historical aircraft. Once again, the overall sustained turnrate is not much improved, but the 110 aerofoil displays the same characteristics as the 109, (they were closely related) and the aircraft can now be pulled stably to higher angles of attack without it flicking. This means given enough of an energy advantage, the 110 can give a British fighter a bit of a scare. The Bf110 will of course, not turn anywhere near as well as a single engined aircraft, as its weight is nearly 3 times that of 109, Spitfire or Hurricane.

Bf110 Rollrate

The Bf110 models have had their rollrates adjusted slightly to better reflect the historical performance. Thanks to Mysticpuma for tracking down a document which shed light on this subject

I would like to see this document and the testing Proof from an allied source

Spitfire IA 100 octane Sea Level Speeds

Spitfire IA 100 octane variants have their sea level maximum speeds raised to the historical 310 mph level.

yes because it was blatantly obvious it was incorrect at sea level the spit was 15 - 20 mph faster than 109 for the exact fact of the above mentioned wing loadings ect.

----------

Spitfire IIA Sea Level Speeds

Spitfire IIA variants have their sea level maximum speeds reduced slightly to historical levels.
yeah just so that cant catch fleeing 109s e3s  what maximum speed exactly ???? they cant catch e4s any way
 ---------

Hurricane I Rotol 100 octane Sea Level Speeds

Hurricane I Rotol 100 octane variants have their sea level maximum speeds reduced slightly to the historical levels.

I have been flying the Hurricane lately they have problems staying with ju88s now so how will they fair with this improvement.

Radiator Puncture and Drain times

All aircraft have had their radiator drain times revised to better reflect the historical average. This change will see radiators taking slightly longer to drain after being hit by gunfire.

Yup conveniently so that any damaged 109s will now make it back to base from England

----------

109E-4N and 110C-4N Overheat

The 109E-4N and 110C-4N have their overheat schedules revised to better reflect their cooling characteristics.

don't need to worry about engine management now in the 109s

J

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 06:54:23 am »
) AEROFOIL CHANGES

All the aircraft types, but in particular the Fighters, have had the Polar values in their .fmd files examined and compared to charts of the historical aerofoil types. There have been a number of changes, which although they do not change the basic maneuver characteristics of the aircraft, do add subtle changes which will clearly affect the way the virtual aircraft respond and game play.

For example, while both Spitfires and Hurricanes will still outturn 109's in sustained turn contests, a 109 with an advantage in energy will be able to turn with either for a brief period. The revised aerofoil of the 109's is more stable at higher Angles of Attack, allowing the pilot to sacrifice speed for turn performance for a brief moment.
 ( like they don't do that at the moment the spits only defence is use of the  109s high speed closure against it, now the109  will be able to break with you just to give the 109 the extra time it needs for that fatal shot )

However, any attempt to maintain the turn angle will very quickly lead to a loss of speed and energy with the Spitfire and Hurricane then rapidly reversing the advantage.

There are no changes in sustained turn times at lower altitudes... in such a contest, the Spitfire and Hurricane have a good deal of an advantage. However, at higher altitudes, in contests between the Spitfire and 109, the higher lift aerofoil of the 109 will begin to reduce the advantage of the Spitfire. There is still an overall better turnrate for the British aircraft, but it is less noticeable the higher the altitude range. This is less the case with the Hurricane, although the Hurricane's comparative powerloading disadvantage at higher altitudes means that although its aerofoil performs better, it is less able to sustain turns.

Players will also notice the Spitfire responds best when its pilot uses a slightly higher speed when turning than was optimal in earlier TF versions. The Spitfire's aerofoil was relatively low lift when compared to the 109, but the wing did have the advantage of low drag, and combined with the aircraft's very low wingloading, this gave the Spitfire its very good turnrate. But this was best achieved with the wing at a lower Angle of Attack, (ie. higher speed) than the Hurricane or 109. The Spitfire still has a good warning 'buffet' to indicate its wing is approaching stall.

Conversely to the Spitfire, players will notice the Hurricane with its new aerofoil characteristics, is better able to sustain higher Angle of Attack turns, is able to pull more steeply into its turns, and that it now has a slightly better maximum sustained turnrate than the Spitfire. However, it does have a sharper stall onset, and pilots who pull a little too strongly will find the aircraft can respond abruptly.

The Fiat G-50 has also had its aerofoil revised. Players will notice the aircraft can be pulled into very tight turn angles, although its low power to weight ratio will not allow it to sustain those angles for long periods. The Fiat can be a handful when pulled into a sharp turn from high speeds, although with practice it can turn very tightly. A G-50 with an energy advantage will quite handily outturn a Spitfire or Hurricane, although it will not sustain turn with them. The G-50 can also display a nasty stall when pushed too far.

The 110 also has had aerofoil changes to bring it in line with the historical aircraft. Once again, the overall sustained turnrate is not much improved, but the 110 aerofoil displays the same characteristics as the 109, (they were closely related) and the aircraft can now be pulled stably to higher angles of attack without it flicking. This means given enough of an energy advantage, the 110 can give a British fighter a bit of a scare. The Bf110 will of course, not turn anywhere near as well as a single engined aircraft, as its weight is nearly 3 times that of 109, Spitfire or Hurricane.

Bf110 Rollrate

The Bf110 models have had their rollrates adjusted slightly to better reflect the historical performance. Thanks to Mysticpuma for tracking down a document which shed light on this subject

I would like to see this document and the testing Proof from an allied source

Spitfire IA 100 octane Sea Level Speeds

Spitfire IA 100 octane variants have their sea level maximum speeds raised to the historical 310 mph level.

yes because it was blatantly obvious it was incorrect at sea level the spit was 15 - 20 mph faster than 109 for the exact fact of the above mentioned wing loadings ect.

----------

Spitfire IIA Sea Level Speeds

Spitfire IIA variants have their sea level maximum speeds reduced slightly to historical levels.
yeah just so that cant catch fleeing 109s e3s  what maximum speed exactly ???? they cant catch e4s any way
 ---------

Hurricane I Rotol 100 octane Sea Level Speeds

Hurricane I Rotol 100 octane variants have their sea level maximum speeds reduced slightly to the historical levels.

I have been flying the Hurricane lately they have problems staying with ju88s now so how will they fair with this improvement.

Radiator Puncture and Drain times

All aircraft have had their radiator drain times revised to better reflect the historical average. This change will see radiators taking slightly longer to drain after being hit by gunfire.

Yup conveniently so that any damaged 109s will now make it back to base from England

----------

109E-4N and 110C-4N Overheat

The 109E-4N and 110C-4N have their overheat schedules revised to better reflect their cooling characteristics.

don't need to worry about engine management now in the 109s

J

There are also introducing derated E4N's without boost which are what was historically correct so we should see those instead of the ones they are using now.

I don't think TF is biased, there are a lot of allied pilots in TF, their whole goal is to be a accurate as possible.  That being said I will be curious to see how fast the JU 88 is with the new patch.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 08:20:41 am »
My take on the airfoil change is that they gave the 109 better turning ability for a very short period of time and then the plane will slow considerable.  Right now it seems the deployment of the leading edge slats does not slow the plane down all that much.  So what now what I think happens is a 109 will corner better at speed (Spitfires will have to turn more sharply to evade) but once the slats come out it loses all of its E, this could be very dangerous for a 109 driver, especially against a Spit 1A 100 down low.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:45:27 pm »
check  out the thread and video about the damage models in the upcoming patch, flak and more,, looks and sounds really good!

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 05:39:23 pm »
There are also introducing derated E4N's without boost which are what was historically correct so we should see those instead of the ones they are using now.

I thought that was good to see as well, I'm sure we'll hear complaints if servers do it, but it would be great to see them sub this in so it can be more historically correct as you have said!

Offline Fehler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 05:14:18 am »
When I first read some of the tidbits that were coming in this patch, I was convinced that TF stood for "Team Führer"

But I am taking a "wait and see" approach to it.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:34 am »
I think wait and see is the way to go.  I don't think TF is biased one way or another, they might get some biased info, but they are not trying to influence the game by making the Axis aircraft better without any historical basis. 

That being said, I hate the E3/4 B variants.  they do not seem to be very effected by their bomb load-outs or the rack and that is bogus.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 03:52:53 pm »
I think wait and see is the way to go.  I don't think TF is biased one way or another, they might get some biased info, but they are not trying to influence the game by making the Axis aircraft better without any historical basis. 

That being said, I hate the E3/4 B variants.  they do not seem to be very effected by their bomb load-outs or the rack and that is bogus.

MattE

Matt, long before we all flew together with you, we too saw a lot of biased b.s. over the years.. it would shock us to see unbiased f/m d/m.. that is pretty much why don't see al of aka and many other flying as much as you would think, lots of people just got tired of the b.s. many years ago.. yes, we know that few if any of us actually flew or fly anything... in real life, so we can only judge from what we know... but extrapolating what we do know,, there is a lot of biased stuff they try to sell us.. and it's always a sick joke to see the German complain if their paint is scratched... that said,,, I am among some of the pilots that would just like to fly with full eye candy, externals, and  flat out fun maps... the full real stuff doesn't appeal to lots of us.. we just want fun and eye candy... a bonus would be less biased b.s.. but we all know how that goes...

BTW, DCS series of aircraft is always good..... an alternative many of us enjoy.. I haven't been flying much I know,, just to many things going on,, and crappy health too...

anywho,, S! and good luck ..
 ;)

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case