Author Topic: Need help installing Nvidia driver  (Read 1766 times)

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Need help installing Nvidia driver
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:24:36 pm »
I have a Nvidia 560ti video card that I want to update the driver to 320.49.

I also have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Gamer sound card.

Using GeForce Experience to update my video card I get it updated but afterwards I lose all sound.

I have tried various ways to solve this problem even going through reloading the driver for my Soundblaster card.

I didn't fool it.  So I ask for any advice.

Here is what I went through in pictures:

I choose a Custom Installation

I don't want the HD Audio Drivers

Here are the results of a previous attempt before I do a restart.  Notice that HD Audio is not selected.

So after the restart it begins loading HD Audio drivers (see above) !

Desperately I reload my Soundblaster drivers but still have no sound.

I did run The Black Death .ntrk (without sound) and find an increase of FPS.  Else I wouldn't bother with an update.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help installing Nvidia driver
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »
you have to set your sound devices in windows.. (control panel) sounds.. which speaks you want to use.. etc..
select them there.. then go back and look at TeamSpeak controls..

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 04:36:31 pm »
you have to set your sound devices in windows.. (control panel) sounds.. which speaks you want to use.. etc..
select them there.. then go back and look at TeamSpeak controls..

First thing I checked Ram besides Device Manager. 

Thank goodness I make a system restore point before I do anything else I'd be in deep sh*t.

If I didn't have the sound card but on-board sound everything would be okay.

Any more ideas ?

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 05:26:28 pm »
you have pictures of the sound devices in the control panel, and they appear to have all the drivers installed... but you can always uninstall each one (in the control panel, click uninstall on each one for sound.)... reboot and it will re-install all the drivers and devices upon reboot, the sound may come back then after reboot all fixed...

either that or the wrong drivers are installed,,, or a better set, different version may fix issues.. but try the first thing first...

I am also wondering in (Windows 7 ?) if that's what you have has some drivers included...

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:01:41 pm »
you have pictures of the sound devices in the control panel, and they appear to have all the drivers installed... but you can always uninstall each one (in the control panel, click uninstall on each one for sound.)... reboot and it will re-install all the drivers and devices upon reboot, the sound may come back then after reboot all fixed...

either that or the wrong drivers are installed,,, or a better set, different version may fix issues.. but try the first thing first...

I am also wondering in (Windows 7 ?) if that's what you have has some drivers included...

First, thanks Ram for trying to help me.

Next, I do have Windows 7.

Finally, its apparent that the Nvidia 320.49 drivers don't like my Soundblaster sound card.

Nvidia insists on installing its own HD Audio drivers and I get no sound.

After rebooting it starts installing the HD Drivers. 

I just wonder why the hell a video card is messing around with and has its own sound. 

I don't have any phone jack inputs on the back of my video card !.

Anyway, this is what happens after reboot.  I even tried clicking on the X and Close to stop it. 

It didn't work and I have to do a system restore.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »
I tried installing a SoundBlaster card in my Windows 7 system and disabled the on-board sound to try and save resources.
I was unable to gte the microphone to work at all using the SoundBlaster and after doing some searching, I found I was not alone by a long shot. I finally removed tyhe card and stuck with the onboard sound. Problem solved.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 01:36:22 pm »
I tried installing a SoundBlaster card in my Windows 7 system and disabled the on-board sound to try and save resources.
I was unable to gte the microphone to work at all using the SoundBlaster and after doing some searching, I found I was not alone by a long shot. I finally removed tyhe card and stuck with the onboard sound. Problem solved.

Gos

Strange isn't it Gos, that my Soundblaster card with Windows 7 Pro has been working flawlessly for years while you had problems.

And that was through many video driver updates including my previous 295 card.  Go figure !

Well, I went on the Nvidia forums today and find a 74 page (so far) list of complaints for 320.49.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/548402/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-320-49-beta-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-6-25-13-/

Sample from page 74:

320.49 is the worst Nvidia driver that I've used.

Hardlock, low fps in games, can't record...etc

#1104 Posted 15 hours ago

I guess that settles it.  No 320.49 for me.

I don't want to give up those spine-tingling sounds of flaps going down, gear coming up, bomb bay doors opening, etc from Tigers Ultimate sound mod.

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 11:10:39 am »
Well, I finally solved my problem.

First, I didn't mention that my flatscreen monitor is HDMI capable.

Talked with a guy last night and explained my problem with updating drivers and getting sound drivers also that overrode my Soundblaster X-FI Gamer.

He said that HDMI is for carrying video signals and sound for TVs and such, and that's why, even though my video card doesn't have phone jack ports for sound I'm getting updates for them.

Sooo, using GE Force Experience I updated my drivers today and wouldn't you know it, even though the box for sound drivers was unchecked it still installed them.  The Force Experience is still broken.

So what happens ?  It still insists on installing them.  Btw, I closed out the following action but it continued on in the background unbeknown-st to me.

I opened that speaker icon in the bottom right of my screen and saw that Nvidia was active and promply changed the default back to Creative.

All is good now and I can still enjoy Tiger's Ultimate sound mod.

So Gos, you can still use your Soundblaster instead of onboard sound if you follow the last picture.

Trap

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »
I may decide to give that a try. Thanks.

Gos

"Death from above"