Author Topic: "Full Real"  (Read 990 times)

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
"Full Real"
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:49:42 am »
Found this interesting discussion on "Full Real"

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3927859/FULL_REAL_What_is_it#Post3927859

It starts with:

I see pilots demand "Full Real ". Are these the same pilots that Land their plane 8 times after 200 sorties ? (that's full real yea !). First kill, byebye, dead , if its "full Real" you want !
Are these the same pilots, that use TS (a modern,effective way of communicating that didn't exist) to be "Full Real with each other....
Is "full Real' a definition from IL2 that someone has carried over?...
Here is what the "Full Real" want ! "I Want Full Real, NO padlock, NO icons, Coz that is what Full Real is !, and I want my "High Score"!...Typical.
Can someone explain Full Real for me sitting at my PC at home ??

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Full Real"
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 01:06:37 pm »
no externals= standing outside your aircraft while flying.. no easy setting, full real startup, no assistance from auto settings that did not exist at the time or period in which the real planes flew.. etc..etc

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 11:16:34 am »
 8)Full real is feeling, seeing and hearing the same things a pilot encounters when flying a real airplane , physically, in the airborne environment! You feel  acceleration, (G); see more than 1/5 of your "real" visual envelope; hear, creaks and pops, guns, and the "Woosh" of rockets, etc. and your aircraft is not driven by a programmer's idea of what the airplane should do, instead it is driven and at the mercy of the "physical "laws" (F=ma)! And so are you: when you crash you may die, and when you die, you are dead!

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:03:18 pm »
Lets just call it full difficulty and be done with it.

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:26:51 pm »
The technical term is High fidelity.

But that covers more than just no-autostarting the aircraft.  It also refers to the flight dynamics of the aircraft and damage modeling.

Look at FC series.  If you take an A-10A and go out and get hit you pretty much always have a hole in one wing with something apparently leaking out ... but your performance isn't vastly degraded.  No real damage modeling.  You're alive, slightly damaged, or dead.  Nothing in between.

Going with the same example a lot of aircraft have only a generic flight model.  Some aircraft, however, like the upgraded F-15C have the full monty of a flight model (extremely accurate specifically to real flight data for that particular aircraft). 

So you have a few stages of fidelity.

You have generic flight models with generic cockpit modeling (1 button keypresses for any function)
You have advanced flight models with generic cockpit modeling (aircraft like the F-15C)
You have advanced flight models and authentic cockpit modeling (DCS series, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, P-51D, A-10C, KA-50)

Personally I only bother with the last set.  But I don't have kids so I actually have enough time to sit down and read through a 700 page manual.  :)

Offline Thrud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:53:52 pm »
I think "full difficult" it the best term to use.