Author Topic: AI sharpshooters in HSFX 7, testing Normandy Map for new Campaign  (Read 715 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
While testing the new campaign map in HSFX , I have found that the AI is almost unbelievably accurate and deadly. Both in the AI aircraft bombers and fighters, and in the AAA gunners on the ground.

Flew last night in a P-51D @ 8500 ft. about a 1/4 mile north of the German base at Dieppe. 1st AAA shot pinged me and the second took my wing off. As I said,  I was not even directly over the base and I got nailed.

Another sortie, attacked three AI bombers from the side, NOT from the rear. Second shot by AI gunners took out my engine and I was a glider.

Anybody else having probs with AI?
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: AI sharpshooters in HSFX 7, testing Normandy Map for new Campaign
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:05:48 pm »
While testing the new campaign map in HSFX , I have found that the AI is almost unbelievably accurate and deadly. Both in the AI aircraft bombers and fighters, and in the AAA gunners on the ground.

Flew last night in a P-51D @ 8500 ft. about a 1/4 mile north of the German base at Dieppe. 1st AAA shot pinged me and the second took my wing off. As I said,  I was not even directly over the base and I got nailed.

Another sortie, attacked three AI bombers from the side, NOT from the rear. Second shot by AI gunners took out my engine and I was a glider.

Anybody else having probs with AI?

Yes, with my AI gunners in the B-17 bomber.  They are now at trainee level !

Last night I was running from gun position to gun position (top turret, tail, belly turret) while under attack by Thrud, Mongoose, and Raptor.

And all the time putting out my engine fires until I exhausted my fire extinguishers; you get 5 squirts.

My convergence is set to 800 which was sufficient for my AI gunners to either take bandits down or alert me that I'm under attack.

I could hear the dull firing and when I went to the rear I could damn well reach out and touch them they were so close.

Talk about a knife fight !