Author Topic: Smoke patch for HSFX 7  (Read 1362 times)

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
Smoke patch for HSFX 7
« on: April 20, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »
 8)Anybody have the download URL for the subject download?

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke patch for HSFX 7
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:53:10 pm »
Wayno, not sure if a smoke patch exists. There is an Effects Low mod that can be enabled using the JSGME mod selector, but mine is off.

I have noticed a distinct difference between how smoke from destroyed trucks, tanks show up in HSFX 7 compared to the way it was displayed in HSFX 6. To me in HSFX 7 it dissapates or disappears to quickly. In HSFX 6 I would hit a column and extend a bit then turn back looking to pick-up the smoke rising to re-ID the target area. Seems like in HSFX 6 I could extend a bit further and still pick up the target area. In HSFX 7 if I extend too far like anything more than 1000 yds, the smoke is no longer visible. This makes it very hard for me to see what I just hit and allow me time to form up on a secondary run.

As a retired Firefighter, I can tell you that smoke is visible for good deal farther out than 1000 yds. I think modders got this one wrong when it seemed just right in HSFX 6.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:13:05 pm »
yeah... smoke makes everything on fire look closer than it is, and does not disappear at a distance, it just gets smaller..

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 05:15:19 pm »
Actually in addition to being able to see smoke from farther out in HSFX 6, I also was able to see moving columns from further out on the Kurland map. They put up a hell of a dust cloud in version 6. I always wondered if I had some additional mod loaded whenever I flew on previous campaign but when I checked my JSGME and I had no major mods loaded, so go figure.

I plan on testing some of the mods on JSGME with HSFX7 to see if activating them connecting online and flying for a bit, and then de-activating them to see if the game doesn't leave some remnants in that increase smoke and dust cloud visibility. Being able to see those dust could would be quite helpful on this map as the roads are difficult to pick up visually on this current map. Especially at altitude.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3847&highlight=smoke

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=20929.msg416562#msg416562

see link for the proper download link for files,, download files, extract files into empty folder, place Effects folder and files into HSFX7 JSGME

Attached are the fixed Class files (download, and replace the class files (in the effect folder are files with numbers and letter (a lot of very small sized files)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:50:35 pm by AKA_Ramstein »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:19:39 pm »
Ram check this site out:

http://freeil2modding.free-forum.net/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3258

There is an update that will fix the problem we both had tonite with the game locking up. Scroll down on this thread. You will see what I am talking about. The issue is there are new class files that need to be placed in the mod folder. Delete your old class files from the Effects/Files folder inside JSGME and replace them with the new class files you will need to download from the links on this thread. It works great !!!!!!

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »
Boy, do I ever feel like an ass. All these posts about the smoke mod and all this back and forth with Gos, Ram, Weezle, TG and Hangten about this mod tonight. Take a look at the Mods section on our forum.

Trapper posted something about this Gurners mod (thats the correct name for the smoke mod) on April 11th.

Sort of puts how much help Trapper gave to the squad in the proper perspective.

S! Trapper