Author Topic: just a hello  (Read 2175 times)

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
just a hello
« on: December 04, 2014, 08:46:30 am »
Hello All. I just wanted to drop in to say hello. New guy here. I have been playing flight sims since early 1990s. Still very new on multiplayer. I have IL2 1946, DCS FC3, P-51D, etc. I am over 50 so please be gentle  8) I hope to see you online. Thanks for opportunity.

Jeff
SilverDevil
AKA_SilverDevil

DCS - Flaming Cliffs 3 - F-5E - F/A-18C - MiG-15 - F-86F - A-10C - P-51D - A-4E-C - AV8B - MIG-19P - F-14D

IL2 - BoS - BoM - BoK - BoB

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: just a hello
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:43:30 am »
AKA_SilverDevil,

Welcome aboard, nice to meet you and I look forward to flying with you. I've been flying with some of these guys for over 20 years now and like you I'm over 50, Actually I'm 62 now. The guys in the squad are a nice bunch, we do have few that might take a "little"  :o  getting adjusted to (watch out for our CO and his obsession with sheep  ::) ), but overall they are a great group of guys. We even have a couple of guys in the squad who actually flew some of these warbirds in real life. AKA_Wayno and AKA_Duck come to mind right away.

AKA_Goshawk and AKA_Taipan need to get you up and running with our campaign on Friday and Sunday evenings with IL2 1946.

Look forward to chatting with you on Teamspeak.

Bob
AKA_Greywolf
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:22:14 pm »
Hey, SD. Been looking for you on TS during the past few eves, but no contact as yet. Hopefully you should have the HSFX7 disks by now and ready to do the install per the instructions I provided. We're usually on TS in the evenings because most of us work during the day. Most of us are also over, or darn near 50, so you're in good company. Don't let your age or lack of experience in multiplayer be a barricade to joining in the activities. You'll be taken under wing and given whatever assistance you are needed.

Hope to see you online soon!

Gos

ps: it's actually the XO that has the thing about sheep, not the CO. Personally, I think he was given a set of sheepskin-lined boots as a very young lad and unfortunately acquired a "taste" of the stuff [wink-wink] if you know what I mean. It's a certainty that none of the members have asked him for comprehensive family photos. ;)

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 02:53:26 pm »
 8)If you check for Taipan's photo in the Squadron photo page you will see that he is "incognito"! I have personally asked him to submit a usable photo, but in the past 10 years he has not responded adequately. I think Gos has hit the nail, he may really look like a Sheep???>
At any rate, SilverDevil, welcome aboard!

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 03:29:20 pm »
Thanks for the welcomes. Sadly. No discs yet. But as soon as I get the mods installed I will join up. I have been busy the past few evenings. Anyway look forward to whomevers' sheep I run into  ;)
AKA_SilverDevil

DCS - Flaming Cliffs 3 - F-5E - F/A-18C - MiG-15 - F-86F - A-10C - P-51D - A-4E-C - AV8B - MIG-19P - F-14D

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »
Leave off my boots!
Your all just jealous because my feet are always warm and I look sassy in them!

Salute

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 01:25:02 pm »
 8)Sassy??

Offline AKA_DerHuntere

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »
S!

Don't worry about this sorry lot, we all have had our Rabies shot....

Welcome!!! ;)
Keep On Flying!!

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 10:31:37 am »
still no discs :-| i could have walked to get them. hopefully today.
AKA_SilverDevil

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 03:26:16 pm »
Keeping fingers crossed. I mailed a set to my brother after the Seahawks beat the 49ers on Thanksgiving. The disks went out the next day and he informed that he just did receive them, Obviously the upcoming holiday is having some impact. They should be getting there soon.
In the meantime, be sure to get acquainted with the guys on TS and on Sunday evening, starting at 4:30 Pacific, we'll have  mission going on that you can listen in on for a few if you dare.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 02:35:51 pm »
good news. i got the DVDs and currently extracting......  :P
AKA_SilverDevil

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 03:02:10 pm »
Good stuff!
Looking forward to flying with you!

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 03:21:58 pm »
ok so i have the steam version of 1946 and i think i am in a boat with a hole. the game runs fine with the original content. when i try to run the extracted files it does not even try to run. i think i need to purchase CD version. a whopping $10.49 from Amazon. I am going to have to sell the house ;-)
AKA_SilverDevil

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 07:35:13 pm »
NO! Simply uninstall the Steam version and just go with what I sent to you. It has all the files you need. Do a formal uninstall through Programs in Control Panel. Then doo the extraction ads the readme doc describes. Any questions, call: 425-820-8238

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_SilverDevil

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_SilverDevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »
I uninstalled the Steam version game from Control Panel. I created a new folder on C. Extracted all the DVDs' contents to the new folder. There was no CONF.ini file so I used mine. Double clicked il2fb.exe and nothing. What time is a good time to call you GOS?
AKA_SilverDevil