Author Topic: Need CD for version 4.12.2m HSFX 7.0.2  (Read 1199 times)

Offline AKA_WASP

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Need CD for version 4.12.2m HSFX 7.0.2
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:56:05 pm »
I cant build back to HSFX7.0.2 version of game. I cant find a stand alone version of HSFX 7.0.2 download.
Wasp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Need CD for version 4.12.2m HSFX 7.0.2
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:22:58 pm »
Just stick with what you have for a bit so we can see if there are any issues between 7.0.2 and 7.0.3
Tonight's test should be a help with this determination.

If we aren't able to use both versions, then we will need to consider the options at that time. Email me your home address in case I need to make more disks and mail them to you.

For the rest of you guys who absolutely MUST have the latest version and decide to update your existing game version, do me a big favor and make a copy of your existing game first.

Thanks
 :)

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_WASP

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 12:42:08 pm »
Just stick with what you have for a bit so we can see if there are any issues between 7.0.2 and 7.0.3
Tonight's test should be a help with this determination.

If we aren't able to use both versions, then we will need to consider the options at that time. Email me your home address in case I need to make more disks and mail them to you.

For the rest of you guys who absolutely MUST have the latest version and decide to update your existing game version, do me a big favor and make a copy of your existing game first.

Thanks
 :)

For the reasons I have...anywhere I spawn,the game server indicates Ive spawned at Tripoli...I had no problem in practice server.
yes I wiffed this one I knew better than to update my primary game.I should have build the backup game first.Ill email my mail address. Ill let you know if I have trouble useing an email from one one the other mass emails Ive recieved.

Gos

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 03:28:39 pm »
Disks will go out in Monday's mail. I hope they get to you sooner than those I've sent to SilverDevil and my brother.

It usually only takes three days, but the holidays are upon us.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 12:53:10 pm »
Wish we all could come up with a way to place an encrypted image of our full setup on a server somewhere. Its too bad even a limited high use of bandwidth is not permitted in our wonderful society.

Hey Gos,
Since this is a hobby (and you've certainly spent enough of your own money), why not just write the files to a micro SD card and mail it? This way, the next one of us who screws up can turn around and send the micro SD card back to you after copying the contents. It would be a one time purchase instead of repeatedly buying and making CD's. Also the postage would be minimal (a simple letter or card.)

I think most of us has a wife and certainly one of those micro SD card readers on her PC downstairs.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 01:20:09 pm »
You know, TG, that is a DAMN good idea. I'll do that from now on, provided the SD card will hold 13GB of data.
It runs about $8-10 each time 3-DVD disks go out, with envelope, disks, postage, and that all really adds up. Your idea could save a lot.
Thanks for that idea! I've tried using a thumb drive to do this, but have lost two of them due to people not willing to return them
or just flat out losing them.
I'll do some shopping for the SD card.

Gos
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:22:59 pm by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 03:39:54 pm »
The thing is, one really only needs 412.1 to continue finding a solution on their own to 7.02, howbeit maybe a little difficult but still do-able. Most of us have the mods, or they are still out there somewhere. We just keep on losing the base game version, darn all of us for being so careless!

Id put that 412.1 on the card first. See if it fits.

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 03:43:37 pm »
Oh
I forgot to say One SD card two SD cards, who cares, they are so small. Easy to mail.