Author Topic: B-17 Memorial Park  (Read 916 times)

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
B-17 Memorial Park
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »
S! All,

For those who would like to see the website, just go to b17memorialpark.com, or google B-17 Memorial Park and you can see what has been done there in Sheridan, Arkansas.

The website is pretty good, but is not complete.  Pretty good for a couple of good ol boys, nontheless.

Many thanks to the squad and all who donate to this project.  It means so much that my wife cried a good ten minutes over the beauty of you mates doing something for folks you have never seen.

God Bless! :)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: B-17 Memorial Park
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 07:49:24 am »
[Gos steps up onto the crate, loud groans are heard throughout the bar]

Gentlemen:
To date, we have collected a total of $540.00 toward the B-17 Memorial Park. This is from a total of 12 persons in the squad.
We can do better than this, I'm sure. However, I also realize that families and economic difficulties often hamper our abilities to achieve what we would all like to achieve. Even a donation of $5 would help.
If you are able to put a few $$ into the donation dish, go to the link on our home page and make a contribution.
I'll be forwarding the donations through PayPal to the memorial fund after the cutoff date of 12/31/14, midnight.
It appears that PayPal takes a cut of about .04% from each donation but I'll make up the difference.

That is all!

Gos
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:42:46 pm by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:33:38 am »
Agile, it must have been pretty tuff on your wife growing up without her Dad.  Have you and your wife considered publishing the story? This is a story that needs to be told.  She has a lot to be proud of...

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:45:05 pm »
Many thanks to the guys who so generously contributed to the B-17 Memorial Fund. I'll be sending the money to the group in the next day or two.

You all should feel very proud of the effort to help make the memorial great.

Thanks, again.

S!

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 06:51:11 am »
Thanks chaps and well done!
I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Salute

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 06:35:52 pm »
 :)
S! All!

What you have done is spectacular!  My wife, Paula, and Nelson, the Vet who's ramrodding the Park project want me to pass along their thanks and prayers for all of you.

S! Agile

p.s.  We have the story written and plan to publish it as soon as possible.  The Arkansas Gazette out of Little Rock has run some good articles too.