Author Topic: Yes I did...  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Yes I did...
« on: August 31, 2013, 02:20:52 pm »
Ironically, against my better judgement, I paid $89 for this sim.

Why do I say this:  I'm one of these 'if you need $ to build a great new sim, then say so'.  I find the whole 'if you do it now, we'll throw in a 'x' and a 'y'' - that then others will have to buy, as a bit 'tricky' to me.

I also think I don't really trust these guys.  Although, I do think ROF is good, I just have this lack of trust in this Jason guy.

Additionally, I really don't know, but I have some high hopes that the DCS WW2 sim takes off.  As I like the idea of more complex WW2 sim - CloD caused me to see I like that added extra CEM, etc...

Lastly, I know it probably is a long shot - but I hope Team Fusion can eventually make maps and new planes, similiar to what we have seen with HSFX.

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Yes I did...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »
S!, I may have to bite the bullet as well, soon ???

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:11:37 pm »
By Jove, I've already done it!

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49:31 am »
S!, I may have to bite the bullet as well, soon ???

Wondering why Wylie has my spit on his Signature.. I normally rent it out at $ 10.00 per post but since its Wylie it will be $20.00 + GST ;)

S! J

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:10:56 am »
lol

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 10:45:53 am »
Moan bitch whine.. OK who wants a new sig?  LOL
Let me know chaps and I'll fix it up.  My bad, I did not catch it.

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 01:22:43 pm »
I tend to buy just about every flight that isn't arcade-ish - IL2 - CoD - DCS - RoF - BoS,  lets face it this is a niche market and if these products aren't supported flight sims will die out.

I am sure DCS WW2 will have great flight models with everything realistically modeled inside the cockpit but you will constantly be shot down by AI that can spot you from 10 miles away but are invisible past 500 yds (I can only fly DCS products with icons on).

The way it looks to me the best hope for a series of WW2 scenarios is BoS.  So far they haven't promised anything they haven't delivered and have been realistic about what and when they can deliver that alone is a big improvement over CoD.

TF have done remarkable work with their version of CoD, I wonder what the original developers spent their time doing!!!  Hopefully they will come up with new maps and aircraft, Malta and North Africa would be obvious choices as they can modify the existing AC and add a few completely new ones.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 04:13:37 am »
I think the future for the genre is very bright, at least for the next 2 to 5 years.  A little over a year ago I would have said the opposite, but  now with BoS truly on its way, CoD with the TF mod looking nothing short of stunning and Luither, with Olegs backing, getting a 158K second chance we are going to have three WWII flight sims in about a year!  What is even better, the competition between the three is going to make the games better.  For all of its original faults CoD now is a benchmark that both BoS and DCS have to measure up too, and IMO exceed in a lot of ways.  The pressure is on 777 right now, I don't think a WWII version of ROF is going to cut it, they need to take that engine to the next level if they are going to eclipse CoD and keep people coming back for other theaters.  777 need to figure out the campaign/object issue and they have been put on notice by the community as to the importance of being able to have large  complex campaigns, however if they get it right I think they will have a winner.  DCS and luither are going to be on the hot seat soon enough as well, DCS has the complexity in terms of FM and DM but can they marry the DCS engine with the large online gameplay that is needed to make a sim shine?  Luither and Oleg certainly know how to do it, they have set the benchmarks for it, and I don't think they want to come up short compared to CoD so I expect it is in the works; at that point I think DCS WWII will be for the more discerning WWII flight sim enthusiast.

And what about CoD? Well ironically I think CoD is in a great position with the TF patch, I dont think 1C is going to do anything about it because TF does nothing but help sell more copies of CoD, which might only be five bucks but it is better than nothing.  The part that really gets me is that if 1C and Luither has released CoD in its present state (including TF patch) we would not even be having this conversation.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft