Author Topic: X-52 Pro is driving me nuts!!!  (Read 4521 times)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: X-52 Pro is driving me nuts!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 10:46:45 am »
The random nature of the problem is what is most frustrating. I find it hard to duplicate but I have to think it is some kind of short... due to a problem with or near the pinkie switch. After 10 years with this thing it is time for a new stick.

What joysticks are you guys using?

I am so glad you finally got around to asking this question. I was reading all the replies to your original post and at the beginning of each reply I was hoping someone would say something like "get different controllers", but no luck. You finally hit on the idea yourself and I applaud you for that.
Personally, I strongly recommend the CH sticks. I've been using the same controllers for several years without fail. They might not be as fancy as some others (like Saitek) but fancy does not always equate with quality, as you've found out. Others (like Thrustmaster) are expensive and after a period require changing or adjusting potentiometers, which can be a pain in the ass. Others, like the latest Saitek are pretty and those who forked over the big bucks for them, swear by them. If I had shelled out a load of cash, I'd probably support my decision as well.
The CH sticks can be directly programmed into games using the in-game controls screen, or there is a solid software program called CH Control Manager that links all three sticks into one game-identifiable controller. There are some definite advantages to this, especially in games like DCS. I typically have an extra set of controllers to lend out to those wanting to try something else, but the set I had I gave to my brother, otherwise I'd ship them to you to try out.
Check them out and if you buy them and decide you don't like them, let me know and I'll make you a very fair offer to take them off your hands. I doubt that will be necessary though.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 08:52:58 pm »
I use a Thrustmaster Warthog and I really like it; Incredibly versatile.  I have never had to change a potentiometer  but I have had to switch out a button, not a big deal but it took a couple of weeks for the part.  The main reason I got the warthog is the resistance from the stick, I cant deal with low resistance joysticks.

MattE
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:55:03 pm by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:53 am »
Have you tried running the joystick from a powered USB hub?  Maybe the problem is with the MB not the joystick.
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_FiveIron

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 08:20:19 pm »
My saitek X52 pro lasted about 8 years so I went with another saitek, an X-55.

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 03:22:32 am »
They just wear,, like anything else, but Saitek isn't keeping up with drivers and Microsoft, plus they don't answer questions. They used to send repair parts free no hassle, Now they make a hassle and lose your contact.

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case