Author Topic: Battle of Moscow  (Read 3040 times)

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Battle of Moscow
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:55:18 pm »
Just heads up for what's next from the il2 team

http://il2sturmovik.com/battle-of-moscow/

we really should start to learn this stuff it is  leaps and bounds ahead of il2 1946 for graphics and realism.

S! j

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Moscow
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 02:59:47 pm »
Jer,

Do you think they will get a lot of preorders after the last fiasco?

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:24:20 pm »
Sorry Matte what fiasco are you talking ?

S! J

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 03:49:58 pm »
Here's my $.02. It's not worth much more than that in any event.
I'm a bit disappointed that to have to pay about $80, I only get a handful of planes with only a winter map and duplicative planes to BOS, plus to increase the number of flyable planes, I will likely have to pay handsomely for a very limited number of aircraft.
Graphics are nice, but not as nice as COD and not much nicer than IL-2, IMO, especially with only a winter map.
Those in favor of this BOM sim should try to post what makes the new sim worth expending this kind of money on.
Why could they not make this as a patch or add-on to BOS???
I'm willing to be convinced.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:45:29 pm »
I agree Gos. Why the hell not make it an addon? :o
And what about a dynamic Campaign like they have for ROF.  Swines!

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 04:50:57 pm »
Sorry Matte what fiasco are you talking ?

S! J

The Fiasco where they announced a couple of weeks before the official release that players would have to grind in Single player to unlock certain parts of the game (skins, loadouts ect), this is after they had collected $ for over a year; that when it was released the game did not have a Full Mission Builder though they said it would (it has one now but it is poorly executed from what I hear);  that they could only get 32 players online for a long time; that the ability to change graphic settings were preset to begin with (no advanced graphic settings).  The fact that BOS is just ROF with WWII planes though they said it was a completely redesigned engine and it is still DX9...  Oh and not to mention paying people to post positive reviews of the game on sites and leaning on Sim HQ to delete negative posts about their game.

I jumped into COD and though it works well now there was some dark times, I contributed to DCS WWII kickstarter and Luthier vanished (though ED has made good as far as I am concerned) so I am going to sit out BOM as I did BOS for the time being, I don't trust 777 do deliver if I "preorder" and they have shown a willingness to decieve the people who pay up front.

MattE
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:54:30 pm by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 06:53:01 pm »
Comparing it with  the DCS scam  $ 80 .00 for 9 new planes against 30-40 for 1 Just saying... and they are working on seasonal maps iam still waiting on the ww2 era maps from DCS

I thought the ability to crossover aircraft and maps was same as an add on.

Compatibility of BOS and BOM: 100% compatibility via a single user account with one GUI and one game client. This means that when you purchase BOS and BOM, content from both titles can be used on all maps in certain gameplay modes (QMB, Custom Missions, and Multiplayer). Content in the Campaigns will remain specific to each title.

so it looks like you can mix and match aircraft types in custom missions.

To be honest I have not had the time or the incline to look at the mission builder yet.

S! J

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 07:13:10 pm »
Comparing it with  the DCS scam  $ 80 .00 for 9 new planes against 30-40 for 1 Just saying...

I hear you, but the DCS planes have more in them than the BOS/BOM ones I bet.  Don't get me wrong I do not judge the worth of a combat flight sim on how may buttons I can push, but the idea that I would have to play hours of single player to unlock a gun pod or something like that after I have payed $80 to $90 just puts me off, in fact the whole idea of grinding puts me off.  I rather pay for an add on than grind for it, though I would not be happy about it.  I just heard a ton of negative things about BOS from people who were "founders" and that makes me want to wait.  I also have a limited amout of time to flight sim these days and my dance card is filled up with COD and DCS.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_FiveIron

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 04:04:22 am »
I think bos/bom is our best shot at getting an all encompassing ww2 combat flight sim. It is pretty good and getting better. The flight models feel right to me but that is my opinion. Graphics are fantastic and it runs well on my machine. I see no problem with the price... I am already paying wargaming $8 a month for a World of Tanks premium account.

But they are sorely lacking maps, an effective coop mode, and this single player/ unlock business is horrible.

So overall I think they are on the right track... just needs tweaking and more content.

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 08:02:59 am »
I am more inclined to go with DCS for now, but if I get extra cash, BOM or whatever would be on my  list, but I am not going to play to buy, either buy it and play or not play. MATTE has it right. Those that have not gotten into DCS, I think you would be very happy, especially if you get a plane or two when a sale comes up, which is very often. As far as a campaign with any new sim, there is no other flight sim with the scope and abundance of stuff like IL-2. BOM will take many years to go large, and at their present scheme, well forget that b.s. if they just let us buy and play, then it will be a worldwide success. if they continue this current scheme then only the hard core Euro and Russians will buy it, plus, I bet they pay only a fraction of what the rest of thee world is charged. Is that still true where they charge the USA more money? Screw them if so. DCS is Russian Euro, British, and an American venture, and they treat all equal for access, costs, etc.

The greed and stupid ideas that took over the IL-2 creators will destroy them this round.
They took a golden flight sim and ruined the next generation.

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 10:24:40 am »
I just want to make my position clear, I am not saying I will not buy BOS/BOM, I am just waiting to see if they can bring the game up to a level where I feel it should be; No grinding for anything, at least the ability for 90 players on for multiplayer, the ability to make a dynamic campaign with it and have enough ground units on the map during a mission to make it fun and a few other things that need to get fixed.

IMO right now COD has the most potential and I think the Team Fusion patch 5.0 will make COD the benchmark WWII sim with 777 trying to figure out how they can compete with a game that is $9.99 on Steam..

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 01:10:18 pm »
FYI:

Owners of Premium accounts will be able activate all modifications without unlocking them in Campaign mode. You have a Premium account if you bought Premium edition, or Standard edition plus both additional planes: La-5 and Fw 190 A-3. Activating modifications cannot be reverted so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button. Note that this button doesn’t activate unlockable plane skins which remain obtainable through the Campaign

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 02:02:19 pm »
Taipan slinks into the corner with his head hanging low...OK I coughed up the coin.  It.....might not fly it for a bit.. but what can you do when your addicted to flight.

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 03:23:58 pm »
FYI:

Owners of Premium accounts will be able activate all modifications without unlocking them in Campaign mode. You have a Premium account if you bought Premium edition, or Standard edition plus both additional planes: La-5 and Fw 190 A-3. Activating modifications cannot be reverted so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button. Note that this button doesn’t activate unlockable plane skins which remain obtainable through the Campaign

That was after the BOS community went off on them, and note you still have to unlock skins.  I cant just make my own skin or use a cool one someone made?

The idea that people had given them $100 on preorder, then a week before the launch were told they would have to grind to get modifications, it makes me mad just thinking about it and I did not even give them money.  Of course they had to reverse it (at least for premium accounts) the $hit storm was huge.  The only people who should be grinding are the Russians who only have to pay like $12 for the game.  Right now I do not trust 777 to deliver the kind of experience I am looking for.

That being said Scorp are you going to get that Dserver account going, I bet if people had a AKA dedicated place to fly this more people would be interested?

MattE

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:44:23 pm by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 09:39:44 pm »
I just want to make my position clear, I am not saying I will not buy BOS/BOM, I am just waiting to see if they can bring the game up to a level where I feel it should be; No grinding for anything, at least the ability for 90 players on for multiplayer, the ability to make a dynamic campaign with it and have enough ground units on the map during a mission to make it fun and a few other things that need to get fixed.

IMO right now COD has the most potential and I think the Team Fusion patch 5.0 will make COD the benchmark WWII sim with 777 trying to figure out how they can compete with a game that is $9.99 on Steam..

MattE

sorry, I didn't mean you were endorsing anything over another... just you are right...

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case